Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 1: Which Plan Are You Following?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
  • 684 Replies
6 moms liked this

Welcome to Day 1 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

The key to any weight loss plan is to eat less and move more!

Are you following a specific weight loss program?  If so, which one?
Has it worked for you in the past?
If you're following your own plan, what will you do?
What will you be doing to eat less and move more?

Share you weight loss tips!

**Here is a link to some of the best ranked diet plans:
Best overall diets ranked

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm eating cleanly, exercising and drinking water... Tried and true method. LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Im trying to eat well, drink tons of water, and get back on the horse to exercise...i fell off when my treadmill broke :/ this plan has worked for me the last five months, i just need to stick with it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Not right now. I did follow a low carb diet, and it worked, as long as I kept on low carbs.

momof2little1s
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:51 AM
I am using calerie count and spark people. DH and I are having a biggest looser challenge. We started last night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yksurepa_570
I will be following my own plan. I will be eating more healthy and so will my family. I will be walking a lot more and lifting weights.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ruthzaad
7 moms liked this
I am cutting out all whites again. No sugars, no flour, no salt, eggs are ok because of the protein content, very limited dairy, and whole grain/whole wheats 3 times a week. Higher protein, veggie, and fruit intake. I did this after baby #3 and went from a size 18 to a size 8 in 6 months. I do yoga and walk 3 miles a day. I eat small portions throughout the day to feel satisfied. :-) It's worked before and I hope it will work again.
lokizmo
Eating healthier, smaller portions, worki!ng out. I have tried it before but to no again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsfred07
Watching caloric intake, drinking lots of water, and I'm on day 1 of the 30 day shred.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenballon
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I am going to eat less and move more!

I am going to work out on  my lunch hour. we have a gym in our business park I joined in July. I worked out July, August and September 4-5 days a week. then going into the holidays it dropped to one daya a week and then no days a week. Now I am ready to begin again because all of the weight I lost I have already agined back.

kidslovemom
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Eat less and move more just about sums it up! I am not following a specific plan, just watching my mindless snacking, no soda. I don't think I'll move much more his month. I had success losing five pounds last month by watching my intake and will probably not start excercising until I hit a wall. My goal is 5 pounds per month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN