Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 1: Which Plan Are You Following?

Welcome to Day 1 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

The key to any weight loss plan is to eat less and move more!

Are you following a specific weight loss program?  If so, which one?
Has it worked for you in the past?
If you're following your own plan, what will you do?
What will you be doing to eat less and move more?

Share you weight loss tips!

**Here is a link to some of the best ranked diet plans:
Best overall diets ranked

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Replies (321-330):
adrosie08
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I am not following a specific program. Eating better, (I do take Healthe Trim a weight loss supplement), and getting back into working out. I use to be a Beachbody coach, and have plenty of Shakelogy to drink as well! I am starting training for a 10K. My goal last year was to complete a 5K and I ended up doing 8! big smile mini

troublerx1
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I have that problem too. I bought the book How To Cheat On Your Husband...In The Kitchen. It's given me many useful tips & ideas on how to sneak in healthy food right under his nose (pureeing veggies into sauces, etc.) I bought it dirt cheap from ebay.

I also do things like pouring salsa over chicken with a side of brown rice & a salad. Or instead of starchy sides I'll do cucumber/tomato salads, mashed potaoes with chicken stock instead of butter & cream. Fruit filled sugar-free Jell-O for dessert or honey Greek yogurt over fresh fruit. He'll be more likely to eat it if it's already prepared & good to go.

I have no say in what he eats outside of the home, and I can only help steer him in the right direction when at home. If he doesn't want to eat what I've made then that';s on him & he can fend for himself. Eventually he eats what I've made & finds that he actually likes the foods he's never tried before. Imagine that! Why do men act like toddlers so often?

Quoting expectnanother:

...the only issue i have is making healthy meals my husband will like...he's southern for crying out loud and is a neat and potato kinda guy....

DollFace-23
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I'm trying to completely change y eating habits and start to cook way more healthy foods for not only me but my family as well!! I just never seem to have the motivation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MNitz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I'm doing the Slim in 6 video by Beachbody.  I'm also trying to drink plenty of water, and no snacking between dinner and bed.

amy1763
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Im going to do my own plan. Eating less and healthier and I just got a treadmill so Im going to walk alot. Id like to lose 25 lbs.

acrogodess
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I'm drinking more water and less soda.

Kimmer331
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Started P90X on Monday & running when I can.  As far as the "diet" limiting the sugar is a big one, but overall I am focusing on eating clean.

desjmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I am doing my Advocare supplements, eating better, and doing the new Can you 24 workout DVD! I know that this year will be great.

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Watch sugar, salt, fat and calories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Amanda on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I'm cutting out fast good and reading smaller portions. And I'm going to start going to the gym.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)