Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 1: Which Plan Are You Following?

Welcome to Day 1 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

The key to any weight loss plan is to eat less and move more!

Are you following a specific weight loss program?  If so, which one?
Has it worked for you in the past?
If you're following your own plan, what will you do?
What will you be doing to eat less and move more?

Share you weight loss tips!

**Here is a link to some of the best ranked diet plans:
Best overall diets ranked

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Replies (681-684):
AAubrey829
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I am not following any specific plan but I am taking what I learned from doing Weight Watchers and using that for my own plan.

I am cutting portion sizes, eating and cooking more at home, and just making sure to eat more fruits and veggies. I already eat pretty healthy to begin with but we just ate out way too much so that made me gain some major weight. I already drink water all day so I am just keeping that up.

Working out was the bigger problem for me so I had started using the Be Fit channel on YouTube so I could work out at home and not have to spend tons of money on workout DVDs or a gym membership. Last year when I did the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred I lost 30 pounds by the middle of March so I am using that again and hope to drop the 25 pounds I gained last year during my pregnancy.

downeastvixenne
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Not following any plan, but we had to cut down on sodium, fat and etc for the hubby with the high cholesterol and high blood pressure and a genetic heart problem, We have gone to the nutritionist and cut out 95% of processed pre-packaged food, both of us drinking more water and less soda. So forth and so on. 

DestineyBGP
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I started take shape for life in 4 months I have lost about 35 pounds and am now at a healthy BMI! I still want to loose 15 more to be in the middle of a healthy BMI. 

DestineyBGP
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:45 PM

super embarassing! But here are my before and afters :)

and my after pics 

Not where I want to be yet but I am getting there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)