Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 2: Get Up and Get Moving!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM
  • 513 Replies
6 moms liked this

Welcome to Day 2 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

The more you move each day, the more calories you'll burn!

Get up and go for a walk (or run if you're up for it)!   Take a break each day - whether it's at lunch time, early in the morning or in the evening, find a little time to walk. 

Generally, 20 minutes of walking equals1 mile. See if you can work up to walking an hour a day - even if you split it up into 3 - 20 minute walks.

If the weather's bad, you may want to go for a walk in your local mall (just resisit the urge to stop every few feet to shop!:)

Do you walk or run regularly?  
Will you walk today? 
Do you think you can start walking everyday - or almost everyday?
What other activities do you do during the day?

When you go out for a walk (or run), in addition to burning calories, you'll get some fresh air and maybe some sunshine, too!

Enjoy!!

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvMommysBabies
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Whrn i get off, i'm going to the rec center to walk since its cold and snow covered here
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I was walking on my treadmill four days a week, then it broke. Im on the hunt for a new one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM
LOL I was just preparing to go hop on the treadmill. Walking is my preferred exercise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
captainjack
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I walked today allready

cadeesmommy0120
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'll try to get up and move more at work today. 

I'll be working out again tonight, but it's a weight night-T, TH, S are cardio...

angel_peanut
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

i walk through my house everyday for countless hours taking care of 5 kids and DH lol. I live on what is considered a main highway there are no sidewalks, when the weather warms up we go to parks or down by the river to walk

MamaBear2cubs
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I planned on taking the kids for a walk this morning already.

Neon1980
by Carrie on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Me and 2 girlfriends are joining a gym tonight. We will be working out 4 days a week. It is way too cold here to walk outside.
eykelley
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I walk for the 8-12 hours I'm at work. :) I wore a band that told me how far I walk each night... On average I hit about 6 miles a shift!! :)
mrswillie
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Ds, dh & I walk 5 miles a coupe times a week in the spring, summer and fall. It is too cold to walk today, but I am getting ready to work out right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)