Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 2: Get Up and Get Moving!

Welcome to Day 2 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

The more you move each day, the more calories you'll burn!

Get up and go for a walk (or run if you're up for it)!   Take a break each day - whether it's at lunch time, early in the morning or in the evening, find a little time to walk. 

Generally, 20 minutes of walking equals1 mile. See if you can work up to walking an hour a day - even if you split it up into 3 - 20 minute walks.

If the weather's bad, you may want to go for a walk in your local mall (just resisit the urge to stop every few feet to shop!:)

Do you walk or run regularly?  
Will you walk today? 
Do you think you can start walking everyday - or almost everyday?
What other activities do you do during the day?

When you go out for a walk (or run), in addition to burning calories, you'll get some fresh air and maybe some sunshine, too!

Enjoy!!

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Replies (171-180):
emmy11
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

doing my usual kinect exercise since thats the only thing i can do.

mirayou7912
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

If it wasn't so cold I'd be out walking right now. But it's like 20 degrees outside. I'll probably do some sit ups, push ups, and crunches though :)

weddingcountdown.com

ashmarie08
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I walk everyday, but not a lot.  I do stand for 8 hrs a night though at work,  but just standing doesn't seem to do much except hurt my feet, lol.  I am hoping to build up the energy to start running again.  I used to be in cross country in high school but that was almost 5 years ago.

ashleywagoner
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I don't really have a good place to walk around here with my 2 year old :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I have a very busy day today but I'm going to try and walk for at least 20mins.  If it didn't get dark o early, I'd walk this evening (I know, excuses, excuses!).  I'm also planning to run up and down my stairs every hour today - maybe more.  We have 2 flights that I run up. I'd like to get back to walking for a fuill hour everyday and I'd also like to join a gym soon.

MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

we used to do walks but now that the kids got bikes and learned how to ride them we've been doing bike rides.  We do get outside a lot though.  In AZ that's possible most of the year (besides summer)

babesprincess03
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

getting something warm on and taking my silly girl for a walk

shyanntech
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

i cant start walking until the kids go back to school monday.. but i will be doing a deep clean on my house after the last 6 mos with hubby home.. it has got messed up really bad so i will be moving boxes out of the way and washing clothes plus a lot of mopping and floor cleaning.. so i will get my work out that way for the next couple of days.. so i will start with my work out when the kids go back to school since they have taken over the main tv.. that is where the WII fit is so plus the dvd player is to.. so monday will start my work out again.. :)

Megan214
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I walk my ds to and from school everyday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
beckytbrown
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I have been very lazy so I do not usually take the opportunity to get up and do any physical activity.  The winter time is extremely hard for me.  However today I am going to take the opportunity o get off my butt and go for a walk probally at the mall since i am not a fan of the cold.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)