Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 2: Get Up and Get Moving!

Welcome to Day 2 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

The more you move each day, the more calories you'll burn!

Get up and go for a walk (or run if you're up for it)!   Take a break each day - whether it's at lunch time, early in the morning or in the evening, find a little time to walk. 

Generally, 20 minutes of walking equals1 mile. See if you can work up to walking an hour a day - even if you split it up into 3 - 20 minute walks.

If the weather's bad, you may want to go for a walk in your local mall (just resisit the urge to stop every few feet to shop!:)

Do you walk or run regularly?  
Will you walk today? 
Do you think you can start walking everyday - or almost everyday?
What other activities do you do during the day?

When you go out for a walk (or run), in addition to burning calories, you'll get some fresh air and maybe some sunshine, too!

Enjoy!!

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Replies (511-513):
mommajenn4684
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM
On nice days I walk to and from work. 2 1/2 miles takes me 35 minutes usually at a brisk pace. On my days off if its nice there's a trail I walk with some friends
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Irishmommy860
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I use my time running around the house after my 18 month old and 7 year old. I live on a very busy road with no sidewalks in my area so I am very limited to my get up and walk time. When it's warmer I plan to hit the tracks with the stroller :)

downeastvixenne
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM

I ride the stationary bike for 10 minutes a day, do a few crunches, pull ups, sit ups, leg lifts and hes got me doing a bit of weight training as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)