Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

A long time coming! DD is 8! lol

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this
I have been overweight since I was pregnant with my daughter who is now 8. I was a size 5 when I got pregnant with her and I ballooned to a size 16, now I'm a size 14 and have been for a long time.

I have been maintaining the same weight give or take about 10 lbs for years. Now I am counting my calories and exercising. I hope I can get down to my goal weight this year. I have zero willpower and that has always been my pitfall! Wish me luck!

Start weight: 200 lbs

Goal weight: 140 to 130 lbs

Any advice or encouragement would be amazing! :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunshine-27
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I know you can do this! You have to really want it and you will succeed! You are off to a great start and are already down a pants size!!! The more you lose the more you don't want to blow it and that is where you will pull your strength from also! Plus all of us! Good luck!

sugarfox72
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much that is so true! I'm not giving up this time! :D
sugarfox72
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Its Sunday and its weigh in day! When I woke up this morning I weighed myself and I am 194! I am down 6lbs! I know getting out of the 190's is going to be really rough because I haven't been out of the 190's in years. I hope that in the next week or two I can be in the 180's! :) I am all very excited that I am starting off so well but I always do really well in my first week and then it gets hard and I get frustrated and give up. I am determined not to quit this time!!! :)
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:00 PM
That's great!
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Congrats on your first 6lbs down.... You're doing great! 

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm on the Body By Vi Shakes and so far I'm down from 275 to 233 in 3 months.... I'm on my 2nd 90day challenge and working towards getting 45lbs off this time around.... I am eating whatever I want, not really counting calories just eating within reason and only eating one plate of food instead of 2 like I used to and drinking 2 shakes a day. My energy is increasing, cholesterol (bad) is lowering (yay me), and the chancees for diabetes is diminshing. My Dr actually is the one who suggested BBV to me because I've tried so many other diets in the past with his assistance and it didn't work and this one is working and it's not even a diet. 

sugarfox72
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Down 2lbs this week! :) I'm 192 now and feeling great! I hope to be in the 180's next week! :)
LILTIGERS
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep going! Take pictures so you can look back when you are struggling to say i can do it!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:24 PM

you must be tall!  I'm down to 198 and between size 16/18 now.   

Good for you-getting off to a great start, but don't be discouraged if the scale numbers go up and down a bit. That's tough when it happens.  kepp up the good work and remember this won't always be easy ; )

PetulaW
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM

You can do it, for sure! Three to four years ago I lost about 60 pounds and got down to a size 8. I'm about a 12/14 now. (14s are way too big in waist, but health issues & female stuff make 12s way too tight in tummy.) An-t-way, I'm like you - no willpower or desire to exercise. I lost the weight by watching my calories and fat intake as well as cut back on small things like coffee, mayo, etc.

I "exercised" by doing all chores at top speed - sweat, hard breathing and everything. I danced a lot with the kids, etc. I made my everyday life my gym.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN