Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 3: Fun Ways to Drink More Water!

Welcome to Day 3 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Drink to stay Healthy and Hydrated!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings. But drinking water can be boring! So here are a few ways to make your water fun.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (311-320):
DissieDothe
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I just drank about 12 oz of water with a tab of Airborne. Feeling better now.

heidi_val
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM
I add lemons. I also drink alot of Sobe life waters, the ones with zero calories
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliW29
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I need to drink more water.  I definitely do not drink enough.   I do want to try adding some fresh fruit to it.  I love water with cucumber.

Moma3boyz
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM
I have a 34oz insulated cup. I add lots of ice and my goal is to drink 3 of them each day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dizzy21712
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I have found that the way to make me drink more water is to use one of those plastic cups that have the screw on lid and straw. I am not sure what the difference is, but I find that drinking water through a straw ensures that I will drink so much more than trying to do it through a cup.

Srinehart10
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:20 PM

i have stopped drinking any soda pop for my new years resolution. so far i have only drank water this year with a fruit smoothie earlier today and sometimes i have gatorade. i dont put anything in my water because i like it without anything. i usually drink about 4-5 bottles per day.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I don't like the taste of water so I either add lemon or lime or orange to it or drink Propel water.

karenann8
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been drinking up!  

Leilisemia
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I will TRY TRY TRY to drink 10 cups a day. But it isnt easy for me. I actually dont need to enhance the flavor all the time, but I do like to do it sometimes. 

ASZ121009
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:38 PM

During the week I usually drink about 6 cups of water (8 oz cup). I don't infuse it with anything although I think I'll try it soon with lemon and cucumber like I saw on Pinterest. I heard it helps flush out toxins. I haven't had any water today sadly. I had juice earlier. If I do drink juice I try to drink 100% juice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)