Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 3: Fun Ways to Drink More Water!

Welcome to Day 3 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Drink to stay Healthy and Hydrated!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings. But drinking water can be boring! So here are a few ways to make your water fun.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
momma1708
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I drink a lot of water, not as much as I should. I never add anything. As long it is ice cold, I am good. I will try and drink 64oz. I like tea, usually sweet tea but I love green tea as well. 

kate80
I am sporadic about drinking water. Some days I drink plenty, other days.... Not near enough.
captainjack

I try to drink 24 oz of water and I also drink coffee.  I am going to up my water today and continue on with that

KerriAKAMom
1 mom liked this

I hate water....but need to drink more, that has been one of my goals this year. 

Shopsha0911
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I hardley ever drink water, I drink milk, coffee and herbal tea. The tea is to stay warm as I am freezing most days in my office. 

ashmarie08
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I drink different amounts of water depending on the day, lol.. I don't have a limit or goal set for how much to drink.  I like to infuse it with green tea flavoring, but I will also drink it plain as long as there is ice in it :)  I am trying to start drinking more, so I hope to drink a lot today :)  

kidslovemom
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

A great goal, not nearly enough when it's 20 something outside.  Thanks for the reminder.  I think I'm going to use one cup and refill it during the day to get me back on track.  Thx!

mrspena
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Most days I drink atleast 64 oz water. I have a large glass reusable water bottle I pack around and refill it a few times a day. Sometimes I add lemon juice or crystal lite raspberry peach yummy. Other that just the occasional redbull or coffee.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dleon621
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Goodmorning everybody!!today is a brand new day to push yourself a little further into becoming a healthier you.Thats what im striving for today and everyday!i drink between 4 to 8 bottles a day.I am going to take sips of water while i can during work hours,hected work hours that is.i love my water cold.i keep it in the freezer until it creates ice chips.mmmmm mmmm good.I tried the flavored water but i didnt care for it,i prefer lime water instead.
Kimmer331
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I keep water around at all times....just know that on some days I could definitely drink more. Like outing fresh mint to change it up, along with fresh fruit, especially peaches or an orange slice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)