Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 3: Fun Ways to Drink More Water!

Welcome to Day 3 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Drink to stay Healthy and Hydrated!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings. But drinking water can be boring! So here are a few ways to make your water fun.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
1busymommy
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a hard time drinking anything. I just forget. But I have been trying to drink more and more water. I like to drink it with lots of ice, and lemon. :). Or I'll just put a splash of juice and the rest water.
cafay
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I usually do drink plenty of water. It's truly my favorite beverage.And if I add anything to my water its usually a cucumber mint combo.I usually do that in the summer more. But this may be the easiest of all the challenges for me!

nlc75
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Coffee in the am water all day. Sometimes I will sneek a diet Pepsi in. But it's normally at work. If its not at home I won't drink it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I love water, so drinking enough usually isnt a problem for me. In the summer, I drink  a lot more. I like cucumber mint infused water, maybe I will do that today for a change.

narumi74
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I love water so I usually drink a glass every meal time and before and after my workouts I also drink a glass.!

cafay
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Quoting hopeym23: Aww. Love this picture. Your children are so cute!

I will drink at least 6-8 oz of water.  I usually drink plain water but thinking about adding fresh fruit flavor to it!

hopeym23
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Awwwwwww Thank you so very much!!!  We are pretty proud of them!

Quoting cafay:

Quoting hopeym23: Aww. Love this picture. Your children are so cute!

I will drink at least 6-8 oz of water.  I usually drink plain water but thinking about adding fresh fruit flavor to it!

ely209
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Not enough
Sometimes
i will try my best to drink 64oz
Cranberry juice, Gatorade
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I typically get 96-128 oz daily. I infuse my water with lemon and lime using an infusing pitcher. I will most likely get about 96 oz today.

I live on coffee and water...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

gmadiane
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I just started drinking water daily, I am drinking 6 8 ounce glasses a day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)