Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 3: Fun Ways to Drink More Water!

Welcome to Day 3 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Drink to stay Healthy and Hydrated!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings. But drinking water can be boring! So here are a few ways to make your water fun.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I drink one bottle of water at work. Usually two bottles When I workout. The rest of the time I drink hot tea with honey or splenda and diet iced tea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jscbabe
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I drink about 6-8 cups of water daily.
I add lemon or oranges to my water. I read about doing a cleaning toxin mix of adding cucumbers, mint to the water to eliminate toxins. I love tea.
tyner_brylee
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I drink a lot of green tea and water
trilliandent42
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Probably about 90 ozs a day when I exercise, and 75 when not working out.

Sometimes I put a lemon slice in my water.

I drink some juice too, like Talbott's Apple Cider, delish!

Haven33
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I drink about 3waterbottles full a day plus skim milk and tea.....not sure if that counts or not

TinaNicu
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I drink at least 64 oz per day and flavored with mio
4kidz916

Other than coffe in the morning and tea at night, water is really all I drink.  I probably do need to get a few more glasses in each day though.

SeekStrength
I usually drink 4-6 glasses a day. I don't typically infuse my water unless I need energy, then I will use BodyForm. Hopefully I will drink 6-8 glasses today but for some reason it's harder for me on the weekends. I don't drink anything else besides water...unless its really early in the AM, then it's just coffee!! ;) Which i am about to make right now!!
mhmomma

I drink tons of water....it is basically my only drink all day.  I do hae my cup of coffee in the morning and one in the afternoon.  I love my cold water though.  I drink about 80 ounces a day and no infussed flavor.  It does have to be cold

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I don't drink nearly enough water, working on it. I didn't buy any diet coke for the week last night.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)