Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 3: Fun Ways to Drink More Water!

Welcome to Day 3 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Drink to stay Healthy and Hydrated!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings. But drinking water can be boring! So here are a few ways to make your water fun.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
PartyOfCuatro
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM
About 60-70 ounces. With true lemon or true lime if I don't have fresh lemons.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soulofsunmama
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Lots and lots and lots of water , I love lemons, cucumbers, grapefruit, and mint leaves in it!!!
Coffee in the morning, and always a spinach green smoothie for breakfast.
I don't do sodas though...
I really wish that the us would ban disposable water bottles, what an environmental clusterfuque:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ruthzaad
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I drink almost a gallon of water a day. I squeeze fresh lemon in it. I also drink Simply Orange juice and other 100% juices. I don't drink much else lol
Neon1980
by Carrie on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Usually 4 16oz bottles a day..trying for more. Plain water.
Blessed2bpreggo
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I drink so much water in a day that I lost count. But when I drink it I put ice cubes in my water, a lemon and a cute little unbrella! lol It sounds corny but it keeps me from drinking high sugar drinks.

Meesa
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I need to drink more but I am addicted to sweet tea.
jridgill
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I only drink water. I usually drink about 5 or 6 bottles a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I meant to add that I do not use flavor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
camsmom415
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM
I love water. I drink it all the time. I don't usually infuse it with anything except ice. I may drink one soda a week. But probably not that often. I'll most likely drink at least 64 oz today. But probably more because I'm going to the gym.
Annalisesmom712
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I would also suggest drinking out of a cute or favorite glass.  I drink out of a pretty ice tea glass with a straw and that helps me drink more of it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)