Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 3: Fun Ways to Drink More Water!

Welcome to Day 3 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Drink to stay Healthy and Hydrated!

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings. But drinking water can be boring! So here are a few ways to make your water fun.

Using fresh fruits such as citrus, berries, pineapples and melons will nicely flavor water. You can also spice up your water by using fresh herb such as mint, sage, thyme, rosemary, basil and lavender. If you really want to infuse your water with flavor, you can experiment with different fruit and herb combinations. If you prefer your water plain, just adding a lot of ice makes water easier to drink. You can even freeze your glasses for that extra frosty chill!

How much water do you drink a day?
Do you infuse your water with flavor?
How much water will you drink today?
What other beverages do you drink to stay hydrated?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Replies (491-500):
LivinBlessed
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:43 PM
I drink too much coffee and not enough water, but I will do better tomorrow! ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I drink 120-160 oz of water daily but I've always been a water drinker.  I also have Crystal Lite and diet soda for when I want a little flavor.

naningram
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I am trying for the 64 oz but most days I fall short. I have got myself a 64oz cup I fill but my family likes to sneak drinks from it too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bamsmom2012
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM

i normally drink 3 bottles of water a day. some times i get really bored with just water so i add lemmon juice or some of those crystal light lemonaids or something like that since most of them dont have any sugar in them.

AAubrey829
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I drink about 5-6 glasses of water a day so about 40-48 ounces. I don't infuse my water with any flavor unless I got out and I get a lemon in it then. I am actually on my 5th glass of water today. I am hoping to make it closer to 7 glasses though. I actually do not drink anything else besides the occasional cup of coffee or a glass of sweet tea.

3mom627
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I drink a lot of water, especially when I am working. I also drink coffee in the morning. I have cut down on my diet soda's a lot. I sometimes drink one can per day. Years ago I could put away 1/2 of a 2 liter bottle just at lunch. We are starting a water club and weight loss club at work, so I can fill up my bottle as much as I like for about $3.00/month. I like my water really cold, so sometimes I freeze my water bottle for a couple of hours and then it is great!

3MOM627

have a nice day

downeastvixenne
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I drink 3 diet sodas, 2 cups of tea and the rest is water, sometimes plain, sometimes I add Mio. I am upping the amout I drink each day and I am up to probably 48 oz right now.

L.A.F.outloud
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I've used cucumber and strawberries to flavor my water and it's very refreshing.

ms.renae
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids and I love water we add different fruits or veggies to our water sometimes for flavor
proudmomof2653
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:25 PM

i drink water all day from morning,noon and night it is very filling though, i only infuse my water when i want to drink something fruity and don't want any soda or juice which is on a rare occasion but as i am getting used to drinking water especially while im working out i love it plain

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)