Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
I'm a stay at home mom. Needing exercise tips I can do at home. I'm not able to make to a gym at this time. I want tips that will make a difference, where i can make progress. I'm plus size so they need to be where i can start slow n work up to harder stuff. Thank you, i really do need ur help..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
hhhanna
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to go cheap???  Head to your local goodwill store, you'll find a ton of excercise DVD's that people have donated.  Need cheaper?  You obviously have internet, go to YouTube, lots and lots of videos on there.  Good luck.

iamcafemom83
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Hey!! I am a sahm also! I am
Also working out from home:)

The two things that have been my workout Mecca are: YouTube and Pinterest!! I made a (secret lol) board on Pinterest just for workout stuff. If you look on the health and fitness tab, there are TONS to choose from. I have ab, arms, legs, and booty workouts pinned:)

YouTube is a great source. I have Zumba, yoga, Jillian michaels, and many other things under my favorites. I also Pin my favorite YouTube videos to my Pinterest board for quick access.

Also, I wake up early (before my husband has to be at work) and walk for 30-40 minutes. I am working my way up to running. It is a nice way to start the day.

It might help if you can get some weights (3, & 5 lb to start out with) and maybe a resistance band in case you need them.

Good luck!!
dleon621
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

i use to be a stay at home mom for 3 months after giving birth to my second daughter.Insteadof taking a cab,i walked everywhere with the baby in a stroller nicely bundled up twice a day.I stretched on the floor while she was on the gym mat on the floor too.I did crunches while holding her up in the air and sometimes I get some surprises and she would puke on me..lol.YOU CAN DO IT!!IMPROVISE HONEY//GOOD LUCK!!!

mommadana
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM

If you ahve an xbox, get a kinect and Zumba and play whatever sports you want.  Or if you don't, turn on the music and dance and act silly.  The kids will dance and act silly too.  You can do this while cleaning too.  I think there are funny ROMCOM's that show ladies shake  it up baby-ing while vacuuming.  Have fun and you will keep it up.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

An exercise bike

haydsmom2007
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

If you're into cardio there's lots of things you can do. Turbo Jam/Turbo Fire is fun. You can always go for a run or a walk. Or a hike. Ride a bike. 

As far as strength training I dunno... You could get resistance bands? I am hoping one day in the near future I will get a home with some space and I can save up a few hundred dollars on a home gym with a barbell and a rack.. and a bench... I loveeee lifting weights. 

dizzy21712
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I am overweight. I would recommend the Walk away the pounds .Also if you want to try yogs, look for Mysizeyoga, with Megahn  something. It is wonderful. It is in 3 parts. The first part the sound if off, but if you watch it on mute you will still know what to do. This part is just the warm up. The actual exercise the sound is fine. I have tried to find the DVD but it is very expensive because it is out of print.

Skewlgurl
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Work out Vids...you will save loads of $ by doing so (no more gym memberships)...and the workouts should be easy to remember and do them without watching the vids and on your own time too...:)
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM

30 Day Shred is a great beginner video.  Walking is also a great place to start.  You can try doing some strength moves at home, like modified planks and pushups, squats, lunges, tricep dips off a chair, incline pushups, crunches, bicycles crunches, etc.  If you have hand weights, all the better, but they're nor necessary.  They'll be useful doing most videos (like the 30 Day Shred). 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Dayna29
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Leslie Sansone ALL the way! She has Walk A Miles or Walk Away the Pounds. They are great to start off at and you can keep up with her. It is low impact but mix them up and you will lose the weight. I started off with her and worked my way to harder stuff. You don't get discouraged with her either. You can buy her dvds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)