Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

*small edit* This might be a dead horse, but do you feel diet soda actually slows your weight loss?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have seen a few articles about this but most diets list diet soda (within reason). I drink two pops a day and I know this sounds crazy, but I'm not giving them up. LOL I cut out pop last year for 3 months and really felt deprived of any pleasure in food. I have a very addictive personality. I gave up recreational drugs as a teen, drinking at 22, smoking at 25. I just can't give up the pop without feeling like life sucks. With me, it has to be all or nothing. I can't *just* smoke one cigarette at a party or drink pop twice a week. I need the caffeine with the fizz! LOL

So my question is, do you think switching to Diet Coke would slow my progress or do you think drinking it doesn't really change weight loss?

ETA: I'm not really planning to give up the caffeine, yet. I don't drink coffee and I want the caffeine. ;) My question is more along the lines of IF you still drink soda or DID while dieting, did you drink regular or diet? Did you feel that drinking diet helped your weight loss.

Pop doesn't make me binge or crave at all. It's almost like my body needs some sort of stimulatant so I can focus. I don't bottom out from it, mid afternoon, either.

Now, if I eat any sort of sweet or salty snack, I will binge, mindless. So, I have removed all of that from my lifestyle as of right now. Once I feel that I can handle it, I may introduce them back.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (111-112):
sham09
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM

oh i know that it  can.It is the carbonation. I cant drink sodas at all and have not for years because it really slows mine down and the next day, I am so tired that I can not function..I know everyone is diffrent though.

LindaClement
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:30 AM

So, what about a couple of tbsp of real juice in carbonated water?

Quoting mem82:

LOL Tea is yucky. I like the burn and fizz of pop.

Quoting LindaClement:

It sounds like you're in need of the caffeine, not the bubbles or the sweetener. Pick tea?

I don't ever use artificial sweeteners --they all taste revolting to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN