Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone else with this lifestyle?

Seriously changed my life for the better drastically. No longer depressed and anxious like I was (it was severe) I feel HAPPY for the first time in years and years. My blood pressure has regulated, my pulse is normal. I feel fantastic AND lost 50 lbs.

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Steak was always my fav, just didnt eat it :) I never would have dreamed of this working so well.
Do you buy beef in bulk? I go to this little farm near us that does whole, half and quarter cows.
Im not eating bacon anymore because im trying to be a better Jew. I've felt guilty.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

LOL How times change :P

I'm a steak-aholic now. And bacon.nonnomnomnom

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

That's funny I was vegan forever. Forever!

Quoting HelloSweetie:

I never did. In fact, I was a vegitarian most of my life. HOW- I can't fathom it now as my main food is meat :P

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I don't know that I could give up the bacon. Maybe turkey bacon for you? Though I know is a ridiculously poor substitute :P

I have had a whole cow before (not at once :P) and it was the BEST MEAT I have ever had. I'd love to do it again. Finding someone to go in a cow with me would be ideal but no one in my friends/family really gives a crap about their food sources and think I'm looney for my lifestyle choice. *to which I laugh my *ss off as I drop pant sizes and get healthier by the day* :P

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Steak was always my fav, just didnt eat it :) I never would have dreamed of this working so well.
Do you buy beef in bulk? I go to this little farm near us that does whole, half and quarter cows.
Im not eating bacon anymore because im trying to be a better Jew. I've felt guilty.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I didn't even think to go in on my cow with someone!! Great idea.
I get chickens and pastured eggs there too. Every week they have different veggies and fruit. Im thrilled I found out about this place.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

I don't know that I could give up the bacon. Maybe turkey bacon for you? Though I know is a ridiculously poor substitute :P

I have had a whole cow before (not at once :P) and it was the BEST MEAT I have ever had. I'd love to do it again. Finding someone to go in a cow with me would be ideal but no one in my friends/family really gives a crap about their food sources and think I'm looney for my lifestyle choice. *to which I laugh my *ss off as I drop pant sizes and get healthier by the day* :P

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

HelloSweetie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:48 PM

My dad has tons of land, so I'm buying chicks next spring to raise and murder so I can eat them. I'd also like to learn how to hunt so I can provide more of my own meat.  I loathe the thought of killing an animal myself, but knowing where it came from, had a decent life, ate natural, no drugs pumped into it-levels out the guilt I think.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

I get chickens and pastured eggs there too. Every week they have different veggies and fruit. Im thrilled I found out about this place.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Awesome :) we were going to get chickens in the spring. My aunt and my cousins both keep them so they will be helpful.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

My dad has tons of land, so I'm buying chicks next spring to raise and murder so I can eat them. I'd also like to learn how to hunt so I can provide more of my own meat.  I loathe the thought of killing an animal myself, but knowing where it came from, had a decent life, ate natural, no drugs pumped into it-levels out the guilt I think.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

roxysmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Me!!! Love my primal lifestyle I will never go back!

HelloSweetie
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOO same here

Quoting roxysmommy:

Me!!! Love my primal lifestyle I will never go back!

eema.gray
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I found a butcher that makes beef bacon.  It is amazing.  Crisps up just like I remember pork bacon and doesn't get tough like turkey bacon does.  :-P

Still not glatt kosher but I've never observed glatt kosher and ethical, humane treatment of the animals is more important that ritual slaughter so it's a happy thing for me.  :-)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

I never did. In fact, I was a vegitarian most of my life. HOW- I can't fathom it now as my main food is meat :P

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I was totally thinking of beef bacon... actually I was going to ask you. My kids go to a private Jewish school and I realized I need to (happily) be more observant.

Quoting eema.gray:

I found a butcher that makes beef bacon.  It is amazing.  Crisps up just like I remember pork bacon and doesn't get tough like turkey bacon does.  :-P

Still not glatt kosher but I've never observed glatt kosher and ethical, humane treatment of the animals is more important that ritual slaughter so it's a happy thing for me.  :-)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

eema.gray
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

I went out on my first hunt last fall.  With a bow and arrow, how much more primal can you get?  LOL

Got a young-ish male pronghorn at around 35 yards; his death was quite an intimate experience, especially compared to hunting during gun season.  I think that if you hunt or raise animals for meat, that their death should be approached with sober thought and a great deal of respect for them and the earth that they grew from.

I will admit to feeling like a warrior princess for quite a few days afterwards though.  There's something very "connected" to the circles of life and death to go out and provide food for your family in such a direct way.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting HelloSweetie:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN