Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

diet still hungry help!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 25 Replies
I recently started a diet which consist of eating mostly fruits and veggies, I still am eatting chicken and small portions of breads. I am still hungry all the time...any suggestions?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
You probably need to add calories. Our body needs fuel to burn, especially when we are working out:) do you track your cals at all? Or just trying to eat healthier?
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

What diet are you following?  Sounds like it's too restrictive.  You should NOT be starving.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

nlonnon
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I would suggest you eat more.  You should not be hungry.  Do you know your BMR?  Are you tracking how much food you actually eat?

eema.gray
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Most likely, you're missing fats.  Fats promote saitity, they improve your mental function, vision, and the quality of your skin.  You need fats.  I keep olive oil, coconut oil, and ghee (clarified butter) in my kitchen at all times and use them in every single meal.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

You should eat other proteins and healthy fats honey. 

Do you know your BMR? Are you tracking calories? 

Give me specifics of what you have eaten today or even yesterday. 

Are you working out? 

Here are things I eat: 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, beef, pork, seafood, eggs, bacon, sausage

Very few grains

Produce: I currently have in my home: apples, clementines, oranges, lemons, limes, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, onions, garlic, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, cauliflower, butter lettuce, spring mix, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes and more

Dairy: I make my own yogurt and some cheese as well. 

Today for breakfast, I had a slice of egg casserole and black coffee

Lunch: sandwich with ham/cheese, spring mix, guacamole on beer bread, with cucumbers and peppers on the side

Water- I'm at 24 oz, which is seriously slacking for me as I normally get 96 oz at least. 

Dinner will be winter vegetable stew ( carrots, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, acorn squash) and salad 

Snacks are nuts, air popped popcorn, or fruit with almond butter

If you want me to do your BMR for you so you can track calories, I need your age, height, weight and the # of days per week you plan on working out. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Protein will help you stay fuller longer. I was starving last night and had two hard boiled eggs and I was good for the rest of the night. Eggs are awesome!

dlnimo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Drink tons of water. Whenever I feel hungry, I drink water.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Yep, I have the same questions as these ladies...make sure you're eating enough protein and fiber to keep you full!

wauseonmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM
My meals today were
Breakfast 1 multigrain waffle, banana
Snack 1 orange
Lunch 1 chicken egg roll, with rice and broccli in cheese sauce
Snack 1 apple
Dinner 1 chicken leg with 1/4 cup mashed potatoes

All I drink is water so far today I have had 64oz

Exercise wii fit and chasing kids around the house.

Quoting mcginnisc:

You should eat other proteins and healthy fats honey. 

Do you know your BMR? Are you tracking calories? 

Give me specifics of what you have eaten today or even yesterday. 

Are you working out? 

Here are things I eat: 

Lean proteins: chicken, turkey, beef, pork, seafood, eggs, bacon, sausage

Very few grains

Produce: I currently have in my home: apples, clementines, oranges, lemons, limes, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, onions, garlic, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, cauliflower, butter lettuce, spring mix, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes and more

Dairy: I make my own yogurt and some cheese as well. 

Today for breakfast, I had a slice of egg casserole and black coffee

Lunch: sandwich with ham/cheese, spring mix, guacamole on beer bread, with cucumbers and peppers on the side

Water- I'm at 24 oz, which is seriously slacking for me as I normally get 96 oz at least. 

Dinner will be winter vegetable stew ( carrots, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, acorn squash) and salad 

Snacks are nuts, air popped popcorn, or fruit with almond butter

If you want me to do your BMR for you so you can track calories, I need your age, height, weight and the # of days per week you plan on working out. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wauseonmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Basicly its just eating a lot of fruits and veggies. I can eat what ever I want in small quatities except all fast foods, candy, cakes, pies ( basicly omit all junk food) no carbinated beverages or store bought juice. I don't really care for red meat or pork so I eat a lot of poultry. I would say about 75% of any meal consists of a fruit or veggie, and all snacks are either fruit or veggies. Only about 1/4 of my meals are grain or poultry (or both) I get all my dairy from either cheese or skim milk.

Quoting musicpisces:

What diet are you following?  Sounds like it's too restrictive.  You should NOT be starving.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN