Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Mystearica's Weight Loss Story

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am the mother of a one-year-old daughter, and two dogs, and a husband. I work third shift delivering newspapers, second as a retail cashier and I'm enrolled in part time cosmetology school. I had finally gotten down to two hundred pounds and size twelve jeans when that plus sign appeared on my at hope pregnancy test. I jumped to two-hundred-thirty pounds by September when we had herand list that weight with her. After that my body ballooned out if control, leading me trapped in this two-hundred-sixty pound body that is in size eighteen/twenty pants, that are tight up to and saggy on the legs. I don't like me in the slightest,I have no will power and my emotions get the better of me.I have no support, and no one to talk to.plus we live with my husband's family, so there is no room for anything. I lack money for the gum or fancy DVDs, and worst of all,I lack peer support. I'm alone....and no one hears not understands what I'm going through. My access to anything us limited.... I hope I can drop to a size right by new years...

January 3
Managed through the day with no pop, but had a frappuccino.... And several almond dark chocolate.... Did a little but of walking through the store where we had fried chicken and Jojo's. Came home to eat the leftover Mac and cheese from earlier today but ate clean carrots and had a 2:1 water/juice on the rocks.... Now I started up too late so I won't get much sleep....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof3smoochies
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Do you know of any walking clubs in your area? Im starting one with a couple of my friends.
mystearica
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:28 PM

This was taken of me today. I hate my body.... I hate it with every last fiber of my being....
mystearica
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:31 PM
There's no tine. I deliver till 6 am, lately we've had one car so we're out pat 10am. school at 9 till 1, work from 1:30 to 9. I barely have tine to breathe. I knowthat exercise will help but it's during it in and doing it that's the problem.

Quoting Momof3smoochies:

Do you know of any walking clubs in your area? Im starting one with a couple of my friends.

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I would think your paper delivery is good enough exercise. Maybe you should just focus on a change of diet. I'm sure being out and about all day makes it easy to eat fast food (or not eat at all) but you can do it.

You're not ugly. If I'm beautiful at 285 then you're beautiful at 260. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I say focusing on the food might be a good first step.  Take it one thing at a time.  If you try to do too much from the get-go, you'll likely get overwhelmed.

I have a journal here with some tips that might help give you some ideas:

Tips

I have a couple more that you might like, including my story, and about eating clean.

You can do this!  I was 269 when I started, and now I'm in the 160s!!  You'll get there!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

carlajrn2013
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:24 AM

You're beautiful. Take small steps to begin your weightloss journey since you are so busy and on the go. Try to pack your lunches and snacks daily if you can that way you don't find yourself pulling into the fast food drive-thru for a quick "pick me up". Every little bit counts. Good luck!!

Quoting mystearica:

This was taken of me today. I hate my body.... I hate it with every last fiber of my being....
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Hugs mama!  I'd start out with walking or biking and go from there.  Watch your diet...veggies, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and little to no processed food!  Good luck!

mystearica
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM
the route is mostly driving. I have a give minute walk through the major and get out to walk up about teen different passports on a given night. NY cashier job requires standing and I have to walk a bit to get anywhere since it's a big store, and I have to park a hit far from the entrance.I think that's helped. When I feet to school, there's about three hours of standing there.my daughter gives me a bit of a work out to. I want to try to squeeze in zumba on my days of from cashier, but my schedule us so all over the place and the gym has it only twice a week.
mystearica
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Oh and I weighed myself reluctantly today. I list weight because it read 235. So yay for that.my lowest weight since about a month after the birth of my daughter.
MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Great job! Keep it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN