Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Running in the cold

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

What are you wearing to stay warm?

I was running right up to about a week ago. It's blistering cold now!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I live in FL so I'm not help. On our coldest days here I just wear my thin 3/4 length Nike pro pants and a long sleeve thin running shirt. And that's plenty. But there are a couple runners in here that run in cold weather so hopefully they can help u :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I actually just posted a thread about this!

Here's the link:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1111/forums/read/17802710/How_to_make_cold_weather_runs_safe_and_even_fun

What's the trouble you're having with the cold?  Is it just being cold?  Your lungs?

Be cautious- the cold stopped me from running years ago, and because of it, I ended up going back to old habits, and gaining back all the weight I'd lost, plus more!  It was dreadful!  It was really hard to try to get moving again in the spring, and I just couldn't do it.  =(  Don't let it happen to you!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:54 AM

I get really hot when I run, so I usually just run in running tights/leggings and a long sleeve shirt.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I like nikes winter stuff. I layer so I can peel stuff off as I get warm. A sports bra (driFit), an under armour tank top, a base layer (I like mountain mama) and then a long sleeve over it. I wear a a ear warmer and a hat (My ears are very sensitive to the cold, im a baby), on bottom I layer if I have too but its usually not necessary unless its under 25. I have to check which winter running pants I bought..... I wear wicking socks (nothing suckier than cotton).
Of course gloves.
The pants are coldgear by under armour.
Sorry this is so unorganized!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brierrose2484
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM

It's about 30 degress or less and dark at 5am (which about the only time I can run) I'm not a lover of the cold to start with so I'm not happy running in it.

I like when it's 90 degress and I just drink a lot of water.

nlonnon
by Tasha on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I do not run in the cold, I hop on the treadmill.  My lungs cannot take the cold.  But Suzanne's post is pretty helpful for those who do.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)