Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Anyone done zumba before? Did you love it? Did you see results? I just started the basics and luv it already! So much fun. Can't wait to do the next part.
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I love taking Zumba classes because you can burn tons of calories and it's fun! To maximize burning calories I really try to move it! I get as low as possible, really move the hips to engage the core, stay up on my toes, and add little jumps instead of just stepping. I have lost 25 lbs and have seen a lot of toneing, especially in the thighs and butt! The routines with a lot of squats are my favorite, because I always feel it the next day:)

Btw Zumba rush and Zumba core for the Xbox kinect is awesome! My favorite routine is "crazy love." 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I tried it once...wasn't for me though:)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Yeah... I do not dance. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hello_kimmy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I LOVE Zumba!  Just started again.  I was taking the classes but I stopped because I couldnt afford it/  Now I do it on my xbox!

mamabearlehman
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
My friend gave me a set of Zumba DVDs but I haven't tried them yet. I found some awesome zumba videos on youtube on the crazysocktv channel. That guy is awesome.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommymac617
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Zumba is awesome hard at first i lost 60 lbs doing zumba and working out. i can't afford the gym memberships i have a gym downstairs and plan on buying wii zumba good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shelbytoo
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I love Zumba, don't see much results but it gets me out and moving two days a week outside of my usual walking

Childofares
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate Zumba with a burning passion. I prefer my adult ballet class as it's more fluid and seems to build more strength as well as burning calories.

Bethsunshine
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I lost 32 pounds from January to May last year, just by using portion control and playing the Zumba on the Wii game! I joined a fitness center in May and I do Zumba and TurboKick and I've lost almost 45 pounds. I'm getting certified to teach Zumba on February 1st.I just hope I can find a job!!

oXMaMaOf3Xo
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Quoting Bethsunshine:

I lost 32 pounds from January to May last year, just by using portion control and playing the Zumba on the Wii game! I joined a fitness center in May and I do Zumba and TurboKick and I've lost almost 45 pounds. I'm getting certified to teach Zumba on February 1st.I just hope I can find a job!!

thata awesome! I hope i can achieve my goal...im so determined. I do zumba at home...fits my schedule right now and cant afford to go to classes right now. But i luv it. Its a lot of fun and i luv to dance. Hope u find a job. Im actually trying to find a job as well. Times are tough...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN