Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

appetite suppressants

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 30 Replies

can anybody recommend any appetite suppressants i go to the gym but my only problem is i LOVE to eat and im always hungry...

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

eating more protein, high fiber foods and drinking lots of water is the best appetite suppressant. I took many diet pills and appetite suppressants for 10 years, they never worked and the side effects weren't worth it, IMO.

emmy11
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't like suppressants. I don't think they are all that good for you. But that's my opinion.

LoveMyCuties612
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM
For me personally coffee is a huge appetite suppressant. Whenever I drink it I have no desire to eat for a least an hour or more after. Idk why it's weird lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLCrunch
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM

More than likely the caffeine. It's an appetite suppressant and one of the main ingrediants to many "diet" pills.

Quoting LoveMyCuties612:

For me personally coffee is a huge appetite suppressant. Whenever I drink it I have no desire to eat for a least an hour or more after. Idk why it's weird lol

jcmom10
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Coffee!

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Drink lots of water.Add some of the powdered flavor packets.They have 0 sugar and taste great.I get mine at the dollar tree

roxysmommy
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this

More healthy fats and protein will keep you satisfied longer.

MrsRi
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I drink a lot of water and coffee.  Caffeine is an appetite suppressant, BUT.. Caffeine comes with a horrid side effect.  You can become dependant and not having it in your system... Will lead to the WORSE HEADACHES EVER.

Water, high lean protien, fiber.  These are great.

LoveMyCuties612
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Oh I didn't know that :) I don't drink it purposely to curve my appetite but it sure is convenient! Lol I usually have a cup after breakfast. Do (most regular) teas have as much caffeine as coffee? My appetite doesn't decrease after drinking cold tea but sometimes it does after drinking hot tea. Its weird lol

Quoting JLCrunch:

More than likely the caffeine. It's an appetite suppressant and one of the main ingrediants to many "diet" pills.

Quoting LoveMyCuties612:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Fats and protein. If you're hungry, your body needs something
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN