Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

_new.horizons _

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 79 Replies
Ok so, more like pant sizes.
I'm looking forward to losing some of this extra fluff I have been carrying for the last few years. I had been losing when I got pregnant & that sort of derailed that train. When I got.married I was not fat BUT then I had to learn to cook for hubby & spaghetti was one of the only things I knew at first so *BAM* fat lady in the making. I finally learned to cook after 2 years & turning hubby diabetic with all the pasta, we both went on a diet. Hubby lost weight & I was losing too shortly after I found out I was pregnant. Fast forward 5years...still fat. I have dieted on & off but hit my heaviest at 275lbs I hated myself, I lost 20 pounds but myself & I still aren't on a friendly basis.
I now weigh 254 pounds. I am 5'7, not tall but not too short. I am stuck between sizes in clothes & want to lose weight so I can go shopping for things that actually fit. I have other (better) reasons for wanting to lose too, I want to play with dd & not need oxygen half way thru a game of tag & I want to around to see her get married (she is 5 I have ways to go).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
This is from a post I made in ànother group last night. I was very discouraged & feeling I'm down when i posted it. It repeats a lot of what I have in my op but I think is important to my journey.

I am 5'7 & weigh 254. I want to at least get to 170 but my short term goal is 200.

I want to be happy with how I look & be able to play with my dd without being out of breath. I have not been shopping for clothes in over 5 years other than a needing something for a special occasion here & there. I hate getting dressed & having to look in the mirror. I often wonder how dh is still with me.

I don't really have any friends that I can workout with or anything. My sil SAYS she is going to try with me but I k ow it is a lie because her mom is paying for her to get the lapband thing to lose weight (she is over 300) & doesn't like to workout anyway.

I know I can lose weight because I have. I was 275 not long ago. I started to feel really tired all the time & thought my thyroid was messed up, it's not. Thinking back it could have been that was only eating spinach & tomato sandwiches & drinking loads of water.

I have major body issues & little to no self esteem & it makes me feel like giving up because I think I will always look like this no matter what I do. Like I said I know I can do it but sometimes the other takes over in my head & I want to just throw my hands up. Today was one of those days. r
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
2 moms liked this
I have lost THREE pounds!!!! Wooohooo!!
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:30 AM
Omg! I hate eating out & not knowing how many calories & all are in the food! I was bad & ate at hardees, I had a chicken sandwich & some onion rings...so good but so bad. Hubby & DD were starving & all the other places were packed so it was our only choice.
I.am going to get back on track in the morning.
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM
250! That makes a whole 5pounds I have lost so far since Dec. 31 st.
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this
248!! YES!! Finally goodbye 250s!
I am so happy right now I could cry.
this is the 1st time I have lost this much weight without diet pills or a crazy weight loss scheme.
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Good job keep at it
twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I have so much more to go but I know I can do it.

Quoting cherylmoore:

Good job keep at it

twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
2 more pounds down! 246 :)
iwannalose10
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this

awesome,keep it up

twyliatepeka
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I am super excited.

Quoting iwannalose10:

awesome,keep it up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)