Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have lost 80 pounds, 20 to go... (Pics)

Posted by   + Show Post

The scale hasn't budged since November, but that is good considering I just ate without counting! But since I lost the first 80 by eating right and exercising, I continued to make good choices for the most part, and didn't increase portion sizes at all.

So now I have a fridge and cabinets full of yummy, healthy foods and a few cases of water. I am good to go and wanting 20 more pounds gone by April (to make it a full year old losing weight). I am still breastfeeding my 19 month old, so I know my body will fight for that fat. But I want it gone! =)

Soooo, here goes nothing!
Kadi

Apr '12- 248 lbs, size 24, 2-3 X

Jan '13- 168 lbs, size 11-12, Medium

Goal- 148 lbs, size 6-8, Small-Medium
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I mainly walk... I did do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred off and on for a few months. I liked it, but haven't made time for it lately. I love DVD's to work out to. And dancing with my kids. We dance for about 20 minutes a day.

Quoting MommyOfOnee:

Exercise ideas?? You look fabulous!!
sleepymommy87
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Wow i'm inspired! it's nice seeing a breastfeeding mama lose a bunch of weight. It's hard keeping up my supply when I work out unless I eat like a pig which defeats the purpose haha. I'm still nursing my 11 month old and I dont plan on weaning for at least another year and I had lost hope of a big weight loss until now! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Awesome! Yeah, the last bit of weight is hard, but I am more determined than that fat! My supply never went down. I drank 124 ounces of water in the beginning and ate plently of fruits, veggies, and lean meats. They also have an herbal suppliment at health store called "Mother's Milk" that I took when I nursed my first baby. I didn't need it this time, but it worked very well when I used it. Also, last April, when I started losing weight, my nursling was 11 months old. Since they can rely more on food, you should be fine with a slight dip in supply. But as long as I ate well and drank tons of water, I always produced normally.

Good luck, and oh yes, it is totally possible!

Quoting sleepymommy87:

Wow i'm inspired! it's nice seeing a breastfeeding mama lose a bunch of weight. It's hard keeping up my supply when I work out unless I eat like a pig which defeats the purpose haha. I'm still nursing my 11 month old and I dont plan on weaning for at least another year and I had lost hope of a big weight loss until now! :)
qslaqhay
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Wow amazing!!!
nlonnon
by Tasha on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Congrats! You look great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM

You've come so far, Kadi!!  You look great!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LoveMyCuties612
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM
U are an inspiration! I'm 235 lbs right now and Im so depressed and horrible feeling. Seeing that ppl like u actually LOSE that much weight helps me to feel that its possible for me. Congrats x10000!!!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jess0915
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM

that's amazing! Congrats!!!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
You look great way to go.
sham09
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Congrats, looking good...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)