Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

exercise equipment and you?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 12 Replies

I was wondering what kind of exercise equipment have you tried and what works for you? I was curious what results that you had and also thought that it might help others on here that are thinking of buying some this year..I know everybody is diffrent and we all have diffrent body types. Thisis what I have tried:

treadmill: I did lose and fast but my body looked droopy evenwith incline..I thought maybe it was just me but other people that they had same results so I gave it to my friend.. i actually had bought three in my life but didnt like results

exercise bike..I never lost but i did tone and my thighs were huge but rock solid but i didnt like it..

epplitical: several eventhe new one with Jullian Micheals work outs I fit..I loved but I got toned no loss and again big thighs so I took it  back to walmart and got me a kindle..lol

I had lost weight with stepper some years back and I was on it and I got it so hot that the metal got hot and broke no lie..I had went from 160 lbs to 124 on this..After that I did not buy me another one..I just walked etc and played win lose game..I kept my weight down till I went into premeopause and all of sudden weight creeps up without me doing anything diffrent...I for the most part each right and it is a  likestyle and sometimes I do eatsomething that is not good for me..

Tony little machine; Made my thighs big, toned no weight loss.

Hip hop abs: I did after my last child.I did lose, tone and I did see by pics my belly going away so I still do it

total gym: just made me bulkier but my son loved it but to me it was so flimsy.

Ab lounge: made my stomache poke out like I waspregnant..It does work muscles underneath fat so I think that it is good for men and woman that has no bellyfat.

I am thinking of getting the ab glider just because it looks like fun and do not think it may give me ripped abs but may work middle some and I have heard people say that the side to side motion does work on your love handles because you are going side to side..

I also want to try turbo jams and fire and insanity..I am undecided about insanity because every time I do the 15 min work out the back of my calfs heard so bad because they are so tight that I cant hardly walk.

So what about you?

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JLCrunch
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I lost 60lbs doing an hour to two hours a day on my stationary bike and my legs were crazy toned. between sickness and pregnancy I got lazy and gained it all back. This time around I'm switching between treadmill, bike and elliptical. It should help tone and lose so I dont get bulky or droopy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I lost 40 pounds with my treadmill and I wasn't droopy but i was also doing wii boxing. I gained all my weight back and then some with my last pregnancy so now I'm back at it. I will be doing wii boxing,Treadmill, and kettle bell workouts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sham09
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Thats great..I do love bike and treadmill and epplitical but do not get theresults that I want..I may try bike again after I I get down to where I want to be if my leggs are smaller then I may not care if they just get toned more..My roomate does the bike so I wouldnt have to buy one to try it..I can get onbike and read and jut be on it but then my pants were so tight in the leggs.I do read onstepper to and sometimes I listen to music...I do not have that much time to read and I love it so I combine it.

sham09
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I do kettle ball and free weights too

mom_3.0
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM
The road lol. I dont even belong to a gym yet - I run and sometimes bike :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • dumbbells ranging from 3lbs to 60lbs.  i don't lift the 60lbs but i squat with the heavier weights
  •  pull-up bar
  • a roman bench
  • adjustable weight lifting bench
  • resistance bands
  • yoga mat
  • treadmill that i never use because i prefer running outside but my mom uses it

that's it.. i do beachbody programs and all my core work is done on the floor (using my yoga mat).  i really want to KB but can't find a trainer experienced with KB in my area.

reneawesley
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM

I use an elliptical and want a treadmill

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Here's what I have:

DVDs:

30 Day Shred- great starting point!  I have used it as a supplemental workout primarily.  I was already active, even at my heaviest.

Ripped in 30- great follow up to 30 Day Shred.  I still use this one, but I usually do two levels, or do it after a run.

Jackie Warner's 30 Day Fast Start- the most BORING workout I've ever done.  But I was sore for 2 days afterward (I did do level 4 of Ripped in 30 afterward, because this didn't get my heart rate up, but I was sore in the areas this focused on).  Also really poor explanations of form, and because of time constraints in filming (I think), she has you doing reps way too fast.

Ball- great for squats, pushups, planks, etc.

Hand weights with removable weight plates- good in theory, but it takes so long to switch the plates that my HR goes down.  The kind of drive me nuts.  I want to get a full set of hand weights.

Bicycle- I road bike, and I love it.  Pure awesomeness!  I have the eccoutrments for it (shoes, helmet, gloves, chamois, etc)

Running gear- love it!

Swimsuit and pass to local pool- love those, too!  I need to get back in the pool...

Gym membership- I get to go at my university, so I take full advantage!  I love to lift!

Yoga mat- hasn't been used for yoga in WAAAAYYY too long, but I use it for many of my home workouts.

Planning to get:

Treadmill- I spend a lot of time reading for school, and even if I was walking at 2 MPH, I'd be burning more calories than sitting on my butt.  I'd love to get a platform for my laptop, too!  This would also allow me the chance to run indoors, which would be REALLY nice.  I hate treadmill running, but it's better than nothing.

Pull up bar- looking for one right now that I can also use for pushups and tripcep dips.  This position is better for me than regular pushups, because I have severe carpal tunnel.  Really trying to work on my pull ups!

Full set of hand weights (like what itsm3 has in her pic).

I'd love to get P90X and Insanity someday, too.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I have a bunch of Jillian DVDs, 3 and 8 lb weights, and running gear. Otherwise I go to the gym and use a ton of different stuff for strength classes, as well as the treadmill.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I have a lot of Jillian Michaels DVDs, as well as Bob Harper DVDs, and Insanity.  I have 3 and 6 pound handweights.  I go to a gym and use the equipment there and I run outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN