Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 4: Write It Down!

Cafe MichelleP
Football, football and more football. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Sunday at 9:09 PM
Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 423 Replies
2 moms liked this

Welcome to Day 4 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Each day, write down or type in what you ate and how you exercised!

Tracking your food intake and excercise each day and will help you stay focused and motivated as you work each day to reach your weight loss goals.

Research supports that people who track their food intake stay on their diets/plan longer and lose more weight than those who do not.

• It gives you an opportunity to look back at your week’s progress at a glance.
  • You can check to see if you ate the recommended servings from each of the food groups.
  • You can check to see if you exercised each day.
  • When your weight loss motivation falters you can see what went wrong. That gives you time to fix the problem before it gets out of hand.
  • If you reach a plateau in your weight loss journey, you can look back on a particularly good week and reproduce it!

Do you record what you eat and when and how much you exercise?
Will you do it today?
Will you try to start doing it everyday?

Click here to visit our Weight Loss Journal forum:
Weight Loss Journals

Here's a post to help you get started:
How to Start a Weight Loss Journal

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moma3boyz
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM
4 moms liked this
I use myfitnesspal to keep track of what I eat when I eat it. Even just the tiniest bites. I also track my exercise and water on it. I have noticed that since I started tracking I skip the bite here bite there problem. I don't really want to have to write it down lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cadeesmommy0120
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I use myfitnesspal.com for tracking both eating and exercising.
ysmgator
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I have an app on my phone that tracks everything. Myfitnesspal.
Biggirl735
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM

i do too..and i like the place where you can write down how your workouts went or how the eating went that day..

Ruthzaad
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I always track how much i excercise. It helps keep me motivated. I just started writing down my food intake when i cut off whites again. I make sure i am keeping a balanced diet and eating what i should. So far so good.
bec94
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I love my fitness pal! I love that I can scan barcodes, and I especially love that I can scan all my ingredients for a recipe and save it! I have started doing this with my favorite recipes.
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to have to look into this app lol. But I am a "have to have it on paper" person anyways
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JeremysMom
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Like the others, I also use My Fitness Pal. It makes it so easy to track food, water, and exercise.
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I use an app like myfitnesspal to track what I eat. I usually don't track my exercise because on the app it looks like I can eat more after I put in exercise it gives me more calories.
XoiyaCreations
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM

i use to write things down.  but started to slack on it. i will do it today and i can keep doing it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)