Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Help please

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ever since I had my daughter 7 months ago I 've not been able to go back to my pre Pregnancy size despite my watching what I eat and my tummy still look awful, what can I do, I really want to slim down
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Xfitmom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:51 PM

It's difficult to help without all the facts. Do you work out? What do you eat? Are you conscious of caloric intake?

jaan83
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Hi, i had my daughter 6 months ago, same story, did not lose a pound. I am tired of looking at myself, just bad mood and i cant start watching my lifestyle. I need to lose around 30 lb

LindaClement
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM

You may need to strengthen your core muscles, to pull up your belly again. Look here for exercises that will lift and pull your belly back toward your spine:

http://www.redbookmag.com/health-wellness/advice/abs-exercises-post-pregnancy#slide-1

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 6, 2013 at 4:36 AM
1 mom liked this

You'll need to exercise as well, including both strength and cardio.  Can you give us an example of what you're eating in a day?  Are you breastfeeding?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Welcome to the group!  What are you eating?  How much are you eating?  What kind of exercise are you doing?

bohan
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM
I eat two meals a day.I don't exercise cos I work full time. I fullly breastfed for four month annd now I 'm partially breastfeeding.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  What are you eating?  How much are you eating?  What kind of exercise are you doing?

bohan
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM
For Breakfast I take cereal or hotdog bun or toast, most times I skip lunch or just eat some crackers and juice or fruits and dinner I eat pasta or noodles or veggie rice and fried chicken.
bohan
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:35 AM
Yes I 'm Breastfeeding. I eat cereal for breakfast, skip lunch and pasta for dinner

Quoting musicpisces:

You'll need to exercise as well, including both strength and cardio.  Can you give us an example of what you're eating in a day?  Are you breastfeeding?

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM

You're definitely not eating enough!  You need a variety of nutrients, and you need to be eating throughout the day.  Your supply can definitely suffer!

We can help you figure out how many calories you should be eating each day, if you'll post your height, weight, age, and how much you exercise.

You ought to check out choosemyplate.gov

Quoting bohan:

Yes I 'm Breastfeeding. I eat cereal for breakfast, skip lunch and pasta for dinner

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM

When you don't eat enough, your body holds onto fat and burns lean tissue, like muscles and organs.  It also slows normal processes in your body to conserve calories.  It can be downright dangerous.

Suzanne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN