Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are somethings you do to keep yourself in check, on track, and looking at the big picture?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm 24 and I've been a strict vegetarian for almost 15 years now, and I grew up on a produce farm where I was always really active. But I've always gone threw fazes of really pretty poor eating and little exercises, to being extremely careful about my diet and exercising to the extreme. I even progressed to running 6 miles each day on top of an other work out in the mid afternoon back in high school.

I feel like I've been soooo close to my best me, my healthiest and in the very best shape, so many times, yet for some reason I've always given up in the past. I've fluctuated weight wise being 5'2" and 127 pounds (highest minus when I was pregnant at 152) to being 95 lbs at my lowest, but jumping around all the time. I'm done with all that now, I'm taking things slowly this time and really making life style changes rather than just "I've gotta drop ____ pounds in ____ weeks!" all the time. I'm making this about health too, not just weight loss!

I've been learning, researching, studying, trying new things, and watching all the health documentaries I can get my hands on. I started a personal website for myself, to document everything and keep myself going. Its been the biggest help! I wish I would have thought of it before.

But I started thinking, what are other people doing to keep them selves going? So what have you ladies found to be helpful for you! I'm always looking for ways to improve!

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Xfitmom
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Last year I dropped 60 lbs. I was morbidly obese. What keeps me on track is My Fitness Pal combined with my Paleo diet an avid Crossfitting. I am the healthiest I have ever been. My fitness pal allows me to watch my calorie intake while still balancing my nutrients. It keeps me in check and I swear by it.

ravenstears
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I love that site! Thank you for reminding me! I haven't been on there in over a year, I'll have to start it up again :) (Congrats on the weight loss too, thats so inspiring!)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 6, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I have a journal with everything that's working for me, here.

I had to hit rock bottom to get serious and stick with it.  I also wrote out everything that motivated me, and I still do this periodically.  I look to coming events as motivation (I often sign up for races, though it's difficult right now while I'm in nursing school).

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I answered in another group:)

MrsMWF
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I started running and I register for 5Ks to keep me motivated to run. I also started using a new supplement that makes me feel great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)