Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

biggest loser

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM
  • 33 Replies
Is anyone else super excited about the biggest loser tonight? I LOVE the show and this year they're having kids on the show... What's your opinion on it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM
I like it, but it's not a most watch show
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabearlehman
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I'm excited for the show. I wonder how it will work out with the kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I love the show!  Honestly, I really don't like the extremely low calorie diets they put these people on (for their weight, they're put on too low calorie diets), and I don't like the example they set for people (that it takes something like this to lose weight successfully, that it can or should happen at the rate that these people lose, etc).  These people have a VERY high rate of regain.  That said, I really do like to watch the show, but I do pick it apart!  I think DH is mixed when it comes to watching with me!  LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

tiffany011309
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM
I am the same way I love it but it is very extreme.. they take these people for however long and they work out hours and hours a day and then just drop them back into their crazy hectic lives where working out for 6 hrs a day just isn't possible for most so yes most do regain (i even watched a documentary on one of the winners who gained most if not more weight back and he said it was crazy)

If anyone remembers Marci, one of the winners, she's from my town! She and her daughter have been big advocates on healthy eating and exercise in the area since the shoe, its awesome to see :)

Quoting musicpisces:

I love the show!  Honestly, I really don't like the extremely low calorie diets they put these people on (for their weight, they're put on too low calorie diets), and I don't like the example they set for people (that it takes something like this to lose weight successfully, that it can or should happen at the rate that these people lose, etc).  These people have a VERY high rate of regain.  That said, I really do like to watch the show, but I do pick it apart!  I think DH is mixed when it comes to watching with me!  LOL

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

It's sad, because I think they do at least KIND OF try to teach them how to make this work in their real lives, but who knows what REALLY happens, right?  But no one can work out that long, especially for the long term.  I'd be curious to see the documentary!

I haven't watched it regularly until the last couple of seasons, but that's neat that she's advocating a healthy lifestyle!  It's great when people use their notoriety for good!

Quoting tiffany011309:

I am the same way I love it but it is very extreme.. they take these people for however long and they work out hours and hours a day and then just drop them back into their crazy hectic lives where working out for 6 hrs a day just isn't possible for most so yes most do regain (i even watched a documentary on one of the winners who gained most if not more weight back and he said it was crazy)

If anyone remembers Marci, one of the winners, she's from my town! She and her daughter have been big advocates on healthy eating and exercise in the area since the shoe, its awesome to see :)

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm super excited!! I love that Jillian is back!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rileysmommy229
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:16 PM

yes im so excited

nlonnon
by Tasha on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the show! I wish it was more realistic but I wont lie if I could get on it I would do it an a heartbeat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Quoting Lesgerm:

Me, too!  I never watched when she was on before, except more sporadically, so I'm excited to see her back on now that I watch regularly!

Suzanne

tiffany011309
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
I do love Jillian and am really glad she's back but if I were on the show and had a choice I would have to go with that hunk of a man Bob lol

Quoting Lesgerm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)