Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 5: Find a Weight Loss Buddy!

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 357 Replies

Welcome to Day 5 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Find a Weight Loss Buddy or Accountability Partner!

Having support is critical to any weight loss journey. You need someone who will listen and understand you. Finding someone who has similiar weight loss goals can help with motivation and accountability.

• PLAN: Once you have your buddy, set goals and schedule accountability sessions. Motivate each other and provide support.
  • FOLLOW THROUGH: Make sure you are following through with your buddy. Try to 'meet' with your weight loss buddy a minimum of one time per week. Update each other on where you are currently at, keeping each other accountable for any setbacks that may have taken place. Be sure to be open and honest about any challenges you have recently faced. Above all remember to honor the setbacks as well as celebrate any successes you experience along the way.
  • SUPPORT: It's important to support each other no matter what you are dealing with as your weight-loss buddy can be your sounding board if things get tough. Verbally expressing what you are experiencing is a healthy way to de-stress, instead of resorting to behaviors that may possibly hinder your efforts to lose weight.
  • BEHAVIOR CHANGES: Having a weight-loss goal can be a challenge. With the help of a weight-loss buddy, motivation is at the ready for when you are struggling to meet your goal. Like an athlete having a coach, utilizing a weight-loss buddy can take your journey to a whole new level of performance. By being kept accountable, a weight-loss buddy can aid you in forming sustainable behavior change, which can benefit you long after you reach your goal.

Do you have a weight loss buddy/accountability partner?
If not, what type of support system do you have?
Who, if anyone, are you accountable to in your weight loss journey?

Click Here to find a Weight Loss Buddy:
Looking For a Weight Loss Buddy - 2013?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
XoiyaCreations
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:21 AM

i dont have one but i have a good support system.

Mrs.Sparkle
by Sparkle on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I don't have a buddy but my dh and kids are doing c25k with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
greenballon
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM

I have a buddy and I am very motivated!!!

cadeesmommy0120
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM

My SO helps to keep me accountable.   When I'm lazy, he motivates me to drag my lazy butt out of bed and jump on the elliptical instead...

kjbennett26
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I dont have one but i motivate myself...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blessed2bpreggo

I need a buddy! Im a mom of 5 year old 6 year old and a 7 week old and their dad is in Korea. Im kinda unmotivated right now so I need a buddy asap!:)

MichelleK41

My hubby has been great at supporting me through this. Its nice having his support because he has loved me unconditionally and I love his honesty. I also have a few friends going through weight loss as well and its encouraging knowing we are all going through this together. =)

momma1708
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't have a sowrk out buddy. I have some support but not that supports my diet changes so it is very hard to stick to my diet. I mainly come on here for support. 

JLCrunch
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't need one. Sharing my successes here is enough for me. Honestly the scale is my motivation. The days I'm feeling lazy SO literally pushes me out of bed telling me "Come on, you know you'll feel better if you do." He's right, I always do. A small success that I overcame my laziness and walked even a mile or two on the treadmill is something.

Angelanscalf89
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
My df and I are dieting together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)