Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 5: Find a Weight Loss Buddy!

Welcome to Day 5 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Find a Weight Loss Buddy or Accountability Partner!

Having support is critical to any weight loss journey. You need someone who will listen and understand you. Finding someone who has similiar weight loss goals can help with motivation and accountability.

• PLAN: Once you have your buddy, set goals and schedule accountability sessions. Motivate each other and provide support.
  • FOLLOW THROUGH: Make sure you are following through with your buddy. Try to 'meet' with your weight loss buddy a minimum of one time per week. Update each other on where you are currently at, keeping each other accountable for any setbacks that may have taken place. Be sure to be open and honest about any challenges you have recently faced. Above all remember to honor the setbacks as well as celebrate any successes you experience along the way.
  • SUPPORT: It's important to support each other no matter what you are dealing with as your weight-loss buddy can be your sounding board if things get tough. Verbally expressing what you are experiencing is a healthy way to de-stress, instead of resorting to behaviors that may possibly hinder your efforts to lose weight.
  • BEHAVIOR CHANGES: Having a weight-loss goal can be a challenge. With the help of a weight-loss buddy, motivation is at the ready for when you are struggling to meet your goal. Like an athlete having a coach, utilizing a weight-loss buddy can take your journey to a whole new level of performance. By being kept accountable, a weight-loss buddy can aid you in forming sustainable behavior change, which can benefit you long after you reach your goal.

Do you have a weight loss buddy/accountability partner?
If not, what type of support system do you have?
Who, if anyone, are you accountable to in your weight loss journey?

Click Here to find a Weight Loss Buddy:
Looking For a Weight Loss Buddy - 2013?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Replies (351-357):
lasombrs
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:59 PM

i never thought to have a partner

aasmith88
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:16 PM

My fiancĂ© is what would be considered my "buddy" we have both gained some weight with our daughters birth.. Who is now 2 lol. It's long overdue. We plan to alternate workouts so we both get some time without jeopardizing daughter time. 

Wantz
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM

no, none, myself

SirensEko
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I don't have a "buddy" here.. but me and my neighbor are working separate, but together! lol She's my support and I'm hers, regardless of schedules!

Aphalicious
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I don't have one but I seriously need one!

SP_Mama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I don't have a weight loss buddy on hand.  My husband needs to lose weight, but so far hasn't jumped on the weight loss bandwagon. 

My sister live in another state, but they are also trying to lose weight so I can talk to them about it. They are doing the weight watchers program though so we are taking different approaches.

mommy2kaelynn
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I know I am SUPER late to this one! But I'd love to have a weight loss buddy - even just texts or emails - maybe check in with each other on FB or as friends here on CM. I need to lose about 60-65lbs, and have some health issues I need to work with - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and Rheumatoid Arthritis - my exercising might be limited but I am GREAT at looking up fun new recipes and trying them out!!! I live in CA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN