Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I know we have a lot of new ladies in the group, so I thought I'd pose this query. 

Do YOU have an attainable goal for your body? 

By this, I mean...are you trying to lose too much weight, too fast? Have you analyzed how much weight is normal for your body type, how much you want to lose, the time frame you have set, etc? 

Keep in mind that the weight that is lost on The Biggest Loser is not normal. The contestants have all of their meals provided for them AND they are in the gym for 6 hours per day while on the ranch. That is not feasible for the majority of people. It is not realistic to expect to lose 20 lbs in a month. It IS realistic to expect a 5 lb loss in a month however. 

So, is your goal realistic? If not, how can you alter your plan? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Replies (101-105):
APJrzy
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM

My attainable goal is 159/155 (I am currently 168/164 - depending on water weight devil mini)       If I can manage 1.5 /2 pounds a week, and 15-20 minutes a day of exercise with the Fibro I will be very happy!   I will work my way up with each passing week & month. 

FiestyMom20
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I am striving for small changes in daily routines. Like, drink 2-24 oz  glasses of water during my work day.  Thank you for the post.  I was one of those...I really want to lose 20 lbs in a month.  I appreciate the realistic goal.  5 lbs each month sounds more doable!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Quoting KLynneH:

not sure if my goals are realistic, I need to loose over 100 lbs and I know that will take a year plus to do so, but my goal is to loose 50lbs by the summer. Is that unrealistic?

If you have over 100 lbs to lose then you can possibly lose that much. Just be aware that your losses will slow down considerably after the first couple of months. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Lindsey1126
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
I want to lose 35 pounds by June
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaysmom2002
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I would like to lose about 2lbs a week is that a reasonable goal? I'm 5'9 I weight 232lbs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)