Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I know we have a lot of new ladies in the group, so I thought I'd pose this query. 

Do YOU have an attainable goal for your body? 

By this, I mean...are you trying to lose too much weight, too fast? Have you analyzed how much weight is normal for your body type, how much you want to lose, the time frame you have set, etc? 

Keep in mind that the weight that is lost on The Biggest Loser is not normal. The contestants have all of their meals provided for them AND they are in the gym for 6 hours per day while on the ranch. That is not feasible for the majority of people. It is not realistic to expect to lose 20 lbs in a month. It IS realistic to expect a 5 lb loss in a month however. 

So, is your goal realistic? If not, how can you alter your plan? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Replies (41-50):
jeepninja
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM

My goal is 15-20 lbs this year. I am 35 and 5'1 and currently weigh around 136. I do not have a time frame and am not sure the exact number I want to lose. I guess I'll figure that out when I decide I'm comfortable.

mommajenn4684
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:20 AM
I want to lose 20 pounds by summer and just become healthy again. My Divorce took a toll on my health and I want to get back to where I was before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
My goals are no longer weight based but I still have to keep them realistic to avoid injury.
Great post.
JeremysMom
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM
While I do have a lot of weight to lose, my goal this year is going to be based in fitness ability. I want to completely run a 5K. I registered for a race for Aoril 6th. If I am able to do it then, great. If not, then sign me up for another one. I also want to hike 100 mikes this year. If in the process I lose 50 lbs, I won't complain.
Treymama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM
My goal is to lose 20lbs within the next year so I should be good
reneawesley
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM
My goal this year is to start working out again at least 3 days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not new, but I have altered my "goals". Instead of focusing on how much weight I'm losing, I'm focusing on how much water I'm drinking, what I'm eating, and working out daily. It takes SO much pressure off. Of course, I have a goal of dropping about half a size between now and the middle of February for my cousins sweet 16 party (I have a dress I really love and want to wear, but it's slightly too tight around my boobs). 

And for me, being a certain size or a certain weight isn't what this is about. I want to look in the mirror and be like "Yep! I love how I look" and know that I put in the hard work to make it happen.

LindaClement
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:26 PM

My goal is to be active, fit and healthy...

arvadagirl
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

My goal is to be moderate,realistic and maintian my weightloss.  I have been the OCD weightloss girl in the past and lost 68lbs in a year which was great but I couldn't figure out how to maintain it and felt horrible about myself and guilty when I eventually gained the weight back.  I also had trouble balancing the rest of my life with my diet and exercise routine.  So I am starting with small changes.  I have been lowering the fat content in my diet, leaving out the sugar, uping my fiber intake and have added 30 minutes of purposeful exercise into my day.  I have also decided to just stay off the scale and go by how I feel and how my clothes feel on me. My honey is my weightloss buddy and my son is also supportive.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jan. 7, 2013 at 1:10 PM

One thing to add.... your goals have to be achieveable but your actions have to match your goals. We can say we want to lose weight all we want but unless we are doing the right actions, our goals will never be met. We won't lose 20 pounds by keeping our same eating habits and hours in front of the tv. We have to change things to met our goals. I have great goals that I could have achieved a year ago but I am looking at my actions and nothing else to blame for being where I am today. Mind you, I am happy where I am but still want to work toward my goals and am getting my actions in line to meet them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)