Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Drinking more water means more...you know.....peeing.

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 28 Replies

I was not very good at drinking enough water before.  I'm now allowing myself coffee in the morning (because I'm not giving that up) and then drink water for the rest of the day.  Man!  Now I have to pee all the damn time.  I wake up during the middle of the night to go potty....sometimes a couple of times.  And, when I go, it's like I've been holding it for hours.    Sheesh! :)

For those that are avid water drinkers.....does it ever go back to normal or is this my new normal?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:47 PM

it eventually gets back to normal...it was like a month when I didn't feel like I was using the bathroom 24/7.

candygirl831
by Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I think it may be your new normal! I drink 62ozs of water a day plus I drink Green tea, Oolong tea, both organic all sorts of tea. I've read if you don't add anything to your tea & drink it plain it is also considered part of yor water for the day & I drink @ least 8-10 cups of tea a day. I work as a Home health aide & one of my clients told me that one day I would float away because I drink so much water & tea LOL!
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I've been drinking coffee in the morning and water the rest of the time mostly, and yeah- I have to pee a lot...it has gotten slightly better since I hit 60 oz a day- but I still don't want to drink more because I already pee a lot.

I asked about this too - wondering how people who work deal with it! *luckily, I stay home so it's not a problem really, but it IS annoying!

kirstina
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I read I should drink half my weight in ozs of water everyday which is a lot of water. So today I drank 9 bottles of water and I felt like I had to pee every 5 minutes. I hope it gets better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
enchancea
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I've been drinking 96oz of water a day for the last year and I feel like I live in the bathroom on most days

Nicki1995
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I dont drink a lot of water, but i need to start. It is also good because it flushes out some fat cells =)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Your body will normalize!  I drink at least 100 oz of water a day, and I do fine.  But I know if I've been bad about it, then catch back up, I'm peeing like crazy.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I still pee all the time!  LOL!

nlonnon
by Tasha on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM

once you get used to it, it might slow down.  

itsm3
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

i am drinking 3 bottles of a 24oz water bottle and so far, i can only get close to 2.5 bottles.  i told my husband that it's not physically possible for me to drink 3 of them unless i' sit on the toilet all day and drink it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)