Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 6: Don't Forget To Snack!

Welcome to Day 6 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Don't forget to snack!

Who would've thought that snacking between meals is actually GOOD for your weight loss.

Here is why snacking is important:

• Snacking can prevent you from overeating when it comes to mealtime.
  • Intense hunger can cause you to choose less healthy options at mealtime
  • Snacking keeps your metabolism constantly running
  • Small frequent meals, rather than 3 large meals a day, mean your blood sugar remains steady
  • Snacks are fuel for your body between meals that provide you with energy, so opt for healthy options like fruits, veggies and nuts

Do you snack?
Do you find it helps you stay on track with your dietary needs?
What types of things do you snack on?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Replies (361-368):
pampire
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:50 AM

I tend to snack

It does

When I'm on track I snack on nuts, yogurt, fruit or string cheese.

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I do snack...usually on popcorn or cheese cubes.

ajandfour
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I do snack on something when I get home from work.

SP_Mama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I have healthy snacks on hand and try to have 3 meals a day with 3 small snacks a day.

I've got fruits and veggies, 100 calorie pack of cookies, sugar free jello and pudding, and some TCBY fudgesicles.

naningram
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I am trying to get healthier snacks worked in. My favorite is cheese and fruit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bamsmom2012
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:05 PM

i try to snack instead of eating the one big meal that i used to eat. trying to eat more often not as much. my fiance is naturally a slim person and he eats all the time but it's a hand full of nuts here maybe a little fruit and a handful of not so healthy stuff throughout the day. i try to take after him with the snacking only with healthy choices. i tend to forget to eat and i know that can be as bad as just gorging yourself on terrible food. i like fruit and cheese, cottage cheese, fruit alone, trisquits (SP).

AAubrey829
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 PM

When I was working I use to snack regularly but now that I am a SAHM I find it harder to snack. When I do it usually a Fiber One bar. I have been trying to add more fruit into my snacks but that has been hard since a lot of fruit around here is really crappy. I am going to continue trying though.

mommy2kaelynn
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Do you snack? Yes. I have a 6 year old, so I have a snack when I give her a snack.

Do you find it helps you stay on track with your dietary needs? Sometimes, kind of depends on the time of month!

What types of things do you snack on? Fruit, hummus and veggies, cheese sticks or baby belles, and yes, sometimes not healthy snacks too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)