Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New here & TTC losing weight

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
  • 14 Replies

Hello Ladies, 

Nikki 30, DH is 35 trying for our first, we had a prior early loss Jan 2012 so after trying for 6 more months per the Dr I went back and had bloodwork and was diagnosed with PCOS, elevated testosterone and advised to lose weight (i'm very overweight) to reduce the risk of future complications. Dr prescribed Lo Loestrin Fe (bc) and said take it for 4 months to assist with leveling out  my hormone levels and as a way to straighten things out and to also prevent pregnancy while I worked to lose weight. I'm on month 4 of my pills and had a follow up Jan 3rd, Dr mentioned how impressed he was with my 38lb weight loss and told me after this pill pack is done to come in during day 2-4 of my cycle so I can have a sono and blood work to determine my ovulation status.. I hope to stick around for a while and get to know many of you from all angles of life... Hubby and I live in Northern Virginia he is a Front Counter Sales for a Nationwide Equipment Rental Company and I'm an Operations Admin Assitant for a Freight Forwarding company (desk job) I'm currently on Medifast to lose weight I dropped 45lbs from 9/10/12-12/12/12 then became sick and fell off plan gained 9lbs back,  today Im back on track and when this pill pack is over we've decided to start trying again with the guidance of the dr and I will continue Medifast until I'm confirmed pregnant.  

I really enjoyed the warm welcome messages to my inbox here and again I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you during my time on the forum, a hs girlfriend once told me Cafe Mom's was an awesome place to be :) 

Thank you, 

Nikki :) 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jcmom10
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello. I'm also trying to lose some weight so i can ttc. We have been trying for about 6 months now and i'm starting to wonder if it is my weight that is preventing it. My goal is to lose about 25lbs right now and then try again. I need to lose a lot more but i'm starting slow. Welcome and good luck!!! welcome

jeepninja
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Welcome and best of luck on your weight loss journey and having a baby. Dumb question - what is TTC?

mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Welcome and Good luck!

JLCrunch
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

TTC=Trying to Conceive

The only dumb question is an unasked question. It's better to be informed :)

Quoting jeepninja:

Welcome and best of luck on your weight loss journey and having a baby. Dumb question - what is TTC?

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Welcome, Nikki!  Good luck TTC when the time is right!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Welcome!

nkistvjax08
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.. Losing weight is an uphill battle sometimes and sure I could lose about 50-65 more after this pill pack is over but who says I will get pregnant right away ... Either way I'm praying God will make his plan known :) Good Luck to you all and feel free to message me or add me to keep in touch :) 

Mrs.Torres2566
by Amanda on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
I'm also TTC, trying to lose weight and I have PCOS. I started taking vitex 9 days ago to combat the PCOS. Good thing is I ovulated AND when I checked my weight this morning I was down 18 lbs. I have come to find out A LOT of my weight gain was due to a hormonal imbalance. I fixed my hormones and the weight is LITTERALLY falling off. I feel great.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

nkistvjax08
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Are you on anything else besides the vitex?

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

I'm also TTC, trying to lose weight and I have PCOS. I started taking vitex 9 days ago to combat the PCOS. Good thing is I ovulated AND when I checked my weight this morning I was down 18 lbs. I have come to find out A LOT of my weight gain was due to a hormonal imbalance. I fixed my hormones and the weight is LITTERALLY falling off. I feel great.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN