Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 7: 150 Calorie Snacks and Under ~ BONUS DAY!

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug!

Welcome to Day 7 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Yesterday we talked about healthy snacking. Today, I'm going to provide you with 15 healthy snacking options that are 150 calories or less!

• Hummus with Pita and Peas: 3 tablespoons hummus; 1/2 whole-grain pita, cut into pieces; and 1/2 cup pea pods
  • Apple and Peanut Butter: 1 medium apple sliced with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Oatmeal and Berries: 1 packet low sugar oatmeal topped with a handful of berries
  • Spiced Maple Yogurt: 6 ounces plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
  • Granola Bar: 1 Trail Mix granola bar
  • Oranges with Walnuts: 4-ounce Mandarin-orange  cup topped with 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
  • Apples and Cheese: 1 small apple sliced with 1 ounce Brie
  • Strawberries and Cream: 2 cups sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream
  • Red Grapes and Almonds: 1 cup Red grapes with 11 almonds
  • Popcorn: 2 cups of low sodium popcorn
  • Cucumber and Cheese: 1 small cucumber sliced with three tablespoons of cream cheese
  • Roasted Chickpeas: 2 ounce serving
  • Turkey Wrap: 2 ounces of thin sliced turkey, 1 thin slice of provolone wrapped in a large romain lettuce leaf
  • Strawberries and Yogurt: Half a cup non-fat Greek yogurt topped with one teaspoon of honey and half a cup of strawberries
  • Dried Fruit:  Half a cup, make sure to choose brands with no preservatives or sugar added

Do you have any healthy snack options to share with us?
Have you or will you try any of the healthy snack options above?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

apple*Official Rules

• The New Year Weight Loss Challenge sweepstakes starts 1/3/13 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Travel Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/10/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Replies (21-30):
MaskedMomma
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I will try these. I love them all except hummus. I particularly enjoy dehidorated fruits, I make my own. I'm suprized a hard boiled egg isn't on your list too.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I do enjoy some of those. They are great snacks.   I also like dried apples

busyhockeymom55
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
I like popcorn option because I can make it last and don't feel I need to eat something else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsCountryMama
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Those all sound yummy. I just ate an apple for my morning snack. I also like fiber one brownies for when I need a chocolate fix:)
momkaribg
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Awesome options

mom2wy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I like celery with lil peanut butter, tuna mixed with yellow mustard and relish on hole wheat crackers, special k chips.
brandybasenberg
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Mmm.... They all sound good. I love the strawberry and yogurt one. Right now i would love some turkey wrap.
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Hard boiled eggs are great too. It was so hard to just choose 15 options when there are so many to choose from.  :)

Quoting MaskedMomma:

I will try these. I love them all except hummus. I particularly enjoy dehidorated fruits, I make my own. I'm suprized a hard boiled egg isn't on your list too.

livndaybyday
by Alicia on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I have tried some of those. My favorite is air popped popcorn!
MamaBear2cubs
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I love granola bars!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)