Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 7: 150 Calorie Snacks and Under ~ BONUS DAY!

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug!

Welcome to Day 7 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Yesterday we talked about healthy snacking. Today, I'm going to provide you with 15 healthy snacking options that are 150 calories or less!

• Hummus with Pita and Peas: 3 tablespoons hummus; 1/2 whole-grain pita, cut into pieces; and 1/2 cup pea pods
  • Apple and Peanut Butter: 1 medium apple sliced with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Oatmeal and Berries: 1 packet low sugar oatmeal topped with a handful of berries
  • Spiced Maple Yogurt: 6 ounces plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
  • Granola Bar: 1 Trail Mix granola bar
  • Oranges with Walnuts: 4-ounce Mandarin-orange  cup topped with 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
  • Apples and Cheese: 1 small apple sliced with 1 ounce Brie
  • Strawberries and Cream: 2 cups sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream
  • Red Grapes and Almonds: 1 cup Red grapes with 11 almonds
  • Popcorn: 2 cups of low sodium popcorn
  • Cucumber and Cheese: 1 small cucumber sliced with three tablespoons of cream cheese
  • Roasted Chickpeas: 2 ounce serving
  • Turkey Wrap: 2 ounces of thin sliced turkey, 1 thin slice of provolone wrapped in a large romain lettuce leaf
  • Strawberries and Yogurt: Half a cup non-fat Greek yogurt topped with one teaspoon of honey and half a cup of strawberries
  • Dried Fruit:  Half a cup, make sure to choose brands with no preservatives or sugar added

Do you have any healthy snack options to share with us?
Have you or will you try any of the healthy snack options above?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

apple*Official Rules

• The New Year Weight Loss Challenge sweepstakes starts 1/3/13 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Travel Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/10/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Replies (31-40):
dawnjohnson5
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
My favorite is apple and peanut butter. I am kinda picky so I don't have much to offer as far as ideas. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I really enjoy the 100 calorie snack packs. I currently have ritz and oreo ones.
mommybecky

My snacking usually consists of popcorn or a tablespoon of peanut butter.

ashleigh24
Yummy!!! I can't wait to go shopping Friday so I can get some more fruit. I have so piggies here and these kids ate all my fruit. Lol I have daycare kids :-) I love apples and peanut butter :-) oranges are my all time favorite fruit though! Fresh oranges are my favorite. My daycare parents bring me fresh fruit all the time and I love them for it!!!
steph21078
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

They all sound wonderful

angel_peanut
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I love apples and peanut butter! Alot of those options sound delicious. I usually snack on raw veggies or fruit sometimes a fiber bar or the special k chips. I have been trying to keep most snacks fruits and veggies
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I would eat any of them...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

myamurphy
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I'm HUGE on popcorn and I usually DO eat 2 cups of low sodium a day. Very filling!

supermeof3
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I love apple and pb, hummus and carrots....laughing cow wedges on cracker

story0702
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
The strawberries and yogurt sound really good. I love fat free cottage cheese and a slice of pineapple
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)