Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 7: 150 Calorie Snacks and Under ~ BONUS DAY!

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug!

Welcome to Day 7 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Yesterday we talked about healthy snacking. Today, I'm going to provide you with 15 healthy snacking options that are 150 calories or less!

• Hummus with Pita and Peas: 3 tablespoons hummus; 1/2 whole-grain pita, cut into pieces; and 1/2 cup pea pods
  • Apple and Peanut Butter: 1 medium apple sliced with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
  • Oatmeal and Berries: 1 packet low sugar oatmeal topped with a handful of berries
  • Spiced Maple Yogurt: 6 ounces plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
  • Granola Bar: 1 Trail Mix granola bar
  • Oranges with Walnuts: 4-ounce Mandarin-orange  cup topped with 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
  • Apples and Cheese: 1 small apple sliced with 1 ounce Brie
  • Strawberries and Cream: 2 cups sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream
  • Red Grapes and Almonds: 1 cup Red grapes with 11 almonds
  • Popcorn: 2 cups of low sodium popcorn
  • Cucumber and Cheese: 1 small cucumber sliced with three tablespoons of cream cheese
  • Roasted Chickpeas: 2 ounce serving
  • Turkey Wrap: 2 ounces of thin sliced turkey, 1 thin slice of provolone wrapped in a large romain lettuce leaf
  • Strawberries and Yogurt: Half a cup non-fat Greek yogurt topped with one teaspoon of honey and half a cup of strawberries
  • Dried Fruit:  Half a cup, make sure to choose brands with no preservatives or sugar added

Do you have any healthy snack options to share with us?
Have you or will you try any of the healthy snack options above?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

apple*Official Rules

• The New Year Weight Loss Challenge sweepstakes starts 1/3/13 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 1/31/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Travel Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 2/10/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Replies (41-50):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:27 AM

These sound so good. I LOVE apples with peanut butter.

MommyLehr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:28 AM
All natural unsweetened applesauce is another favorite in my house
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sexydiva4279
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Popcorn is good. The cucumbers and cream cheese sounds good.
kenziesmomma228
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I don't have any healthy snack options to share that you didn't name. I have tried some of those but, i will be trying a few more. Some sounds pretty good :).
delmobaby
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I like most of those options. Anything with fruit is usually good and my kids love fruit. I have gotten the lil bags of popcorn I think it's about  100 calories a bag. Love granola bars too

troublerx1
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM

From that list, the only one's I'll eat are the Turkey Wrap & the Strawberries & Yogurt (using Greek yogurt.) I actually already make those & they are delicious! I don't eat oatmeal as it's too high in Points for my liking.

kjbennett26
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:32 AM
I like apples and pb
Bwebb
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I love to munch on walnuts. But I also sometimes will have a skim milk cheese stick. It makes me feel full and satisfies my craving.

I also find that chewing sugar free gum helps me to snack less. 

gmadiane
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

turkey wrap, yum!!!!

AjCeCeMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Edamame and blueberries,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN