Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Using meditation and mindfulness to lose weight

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

There are many benefits to meditation.  I'm starting to meditate for at least 5 minutes a day.  My goal is to increase the time little by little.  There are so many benefits to meditating such as decrease blood pressure, reduce anxiety and stress, and more.  Did you know that practicing meditation and mindfulness can also help you to lose weight!  If you search "meditation to lose weight"....a lot of articles will come up.  Meditation for losing weight will also help several of us who are emotional eaters!

Below is a link to the videos from the Dr. Oz show featuring Deepak Chopora about meditation and losing weight.  It's 3 parts.  The first one is below.  The other two you will find a place to click onto the next videos underneath the first one.  It also shows how to do it.  I really like meditating and aim to do it everyday. 

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/meditate-lose-weight-pt-1

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I just need to find a time to meditate where I'm not so worn out that I fall asleep (happens every time!  LOL)

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I just need to find a time to meditate where I'm not so worn out that I fall asleep (happens every time!  LOL)

I'm setting a reminder for myself (on my phone) to meditate everyday at noon since I work and that is usually my lunch time.  I will close my office and meditate there.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I really need to get back to meditating.  I miss it!  I feel like I never have the time now.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

I really need to get back to meditating.  I miss it!  I feel like I never have the time now.

Yeah....it's hard but I guess that's why we need it....to slow ourselves down! haha

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting musicpisces:

Yeah....it's hard but I guess that's why we need it....to slow ourselves down! haha

Exactly- I'm always in GOGOGO mode.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)