Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 9: Let's Plank!

Welcome to Day 9 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

Let's Plank!
Yesterday we talked about posture and briefly touched on tummy tightening. Today is all about abs and building core strength.

There are numerous ab exercises you can do to tone and build your abs and core strength. Today we are going to focus on planks. Planks are considered one of the best exercises for acheiving these results. Planks work the abs, back and core stabilizer muscles. Plus all you need is a floor and a mat or towel, no equipment or gym membership necessary!

Basic Front Plank

Have you ever done planks? If not, will you?
What exercises do you incorporate in your workouts to strengthen your abs and core?
How often do you work on your core?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Replies (301-310):
Wantz
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I havn't done them, but will give them a try. My husband has dumbbells I can use for abs.

SirensEko
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Yes I have done "planks" w/in a Yoga course. They are suprisingly hard, yet feel amazing.. lol, I'm doing a combo of the "V" in Pilates w/the resistance bands (same concept, diff technique). I try to do these, 3 times a wk opposite my cardio, however, sometimes I do it all in the same day... Life happens

pampire
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I'll have to work up to that!  I'm more of a log right now.

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Working my way up to that! :)

BeccaRose68
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I've done planks before but not for over a year.  I tried it the other day and could only get to 24 seconds.  Today, I got to 30 seconds.  I think it's a great exercise, and over time, I can hold it for longer and longer.  

Rebecca

ajandfour
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Haven't tried this either.  Down the road maybe.

lizmeek
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:01 AM
I can do them working my way up in how long I can
Flaca43
by Shana on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I will try to put these into my exercise routine! I think I will start off little and work up!

Jasuzha
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I doubt I could do plank with bursitis in my shoulders..
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
SP_Mama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I think I've done planking on a Biggest Loser Yoga routine.  I need to lose more weight to do those, though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)