Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Where to buy videos

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I have been reading on here about all the exercise programs people do on here (p90x, insanity, etc) and I really don't want to spend $$$$ for something I probably won't physically be able to do for a while, but wanted to try and start slow. So where does everyone get their videos?
Also do you think any of these or which would be better for a person who has 100+ pounds to lose with bad knees (way they are constructed made worse by the weight) I have some for cardio but they tend to be a lot of squats and I can't do the squats/lunges with my knees.
Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KJC119
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

hi there!  ill send you a message with a link and a recommendation!

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:21 PM

A good started workout is Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs and I know they have those at Walmart.   I know it sounds boring but it really isn't  :) My library also has workout DVDs so there's a good place to check.  :)

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Try amazon :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Yep, my thoughts exactly.  Good luck!

Quoting Stefanie83:

A good started workout is Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs and I know they have those at Walmart.   I know it sounds boring but it really isn't  :) My library also has workout DVDs so there's a good place to check.  :)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Walmart is great for dvd vidoes. I bought one the other day for 5$!
Walk at home, and jillian micheals ! Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ma2Liam
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I will look into those. My exercise is usually a hilly 4+ miles of which 2.75 miles is jogging. All while pushing about 60+ pounds of ds and stroller weight. I am really good through summer time but really get discouraged after seeing no change of the scale and then the rainy weather sets in and I drop it. Maybe I just need more walking motivation. I will take a peak at Walmart. Thanks.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SMLemos
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM

The problem is that you don't want to keep doing the same thing each day or each week.  You body will get use to it and plateau.  You need to change it up.  That is the bonus about the P90x, Insanity type or workouts they are based on muscle confusion, so your body is shocked all the time and doesn't know what to expect from the next days workout.  

You could try to add different types of workouts together and switch them up every couple of weeks with your jogging.  Even if just switching the order you are doing them in.  

Beachbody the company that makes P90x etc. they have a ton of programs some which are not as high intensity as say Insanity.  If you did not receive any additional information about them yet please feel free to message me and I could go over some of the programs with you.  

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Another place would be youtube.... you can find a lot of free workout videos there, you can try all sorts of different workouts to find something that works for you.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM

There are plenty of options for workouts! 

If you are interested in the Beachbody workouts, I would suggest P90X or Turbo Jam... No, I'm not crazy.. P90X is very good for people as every single workout can be modified completely. Turbo Jam is kickboxing to music and in the DVDs, Chalene Johnson has 2 ladies that do every move modified. 

I would not suggest Insanity or Brazil Butt Lift as Insanity is very intense and full of plyometrics which will be very hard on your knees. BBL is full of squats and lunges which could cause pain as well. 

I'm a graduate of several Beachbody programs and a former coach so if you have questions let me know...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN