Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone else here want to lose 100+? How are you going to do it? What's your motivation? Any tips or tricks that you are going to try?

No drama...I am looking to lose that much myself...

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
WandaSue
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I have heard of Paleo and was wondering if that worked! Thanks for the advice :)

Quoting Gmgej:

I have over 100 to lose. I am eating paleo, and I really like it. My motivation is really hatingthe way I feel and look. So far I am 11 days into it and 6lbs down. I have done this before so I know what to do. I know the scale goes up and down and even stops at times, and so be it. If it takes 2-3 years for me to reach my goal again so be it, this is a lifetime change to be tweaked and changed as life goes on.

WandaSue
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I got rid of all the processed foods in the house and dont plan on going back to them. Soda was really hard to give up but I am doing it! :)

Quoting ZanderandBella:

I've actually lost about 150 pounds. Due to back pain, I couldn't exercise. The biggest thing I did was switch to organic foods. I didn't need to motivation because I honestly threw out everything that had preservatives and chemicals in it. That way the only thing I had was organic or all natural food. (You will eat what is in your house). I used some natural supplements and protein shakes to help but not consistently. My issue would be fast food. I did a full body detox though and from that moment on, I got REALLY sick whenever I ate fast food (other than taco bell, I don't get sick from them lol). I also got sick whenever I drank soda. It helped kick the habit really fast.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Ive got 97/98 pounds i want to lose this year. It looks and feels like a lot but i divide it by 12 months then divide that number by 52 weeks to get my weekly number to lose and that helps motivate me. Monday morning i will be restarting TapouT XT and hopefully complete two full rounds of it and move on to TapouT XT2.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WandaSue
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM

That's a great formula! I didn't even think to look at it that way! Thanks for the advice

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Ive got 97/98 pounds i want to lose this year. It looks and feels like a lot but i divide it by 12 months then divide that number by 52 weeks to get my weekly number to lose and that helps motivate me. Monday morning i will be restarting TapouT XT and hopefully complete two full rounds of it and move on to TapouT XT2.

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a friend post it on fb, it made me feel relieved to figure it out like that and not feel overwhelmed

Quoting WandaSue:

That's a great formula! I didn't even think to look at it that way! Thanks for the advice

Quoting Nicolle_09:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

i started using myfitneespal its free and works great!  and thanks u to

Quoting WandaSue:

Me too! I am such a mood eater! It's really hard to stop! I am going to keep a food journal so I can see what I am eating and when and maybe if it was because I was upset or bored... Keep your head up!

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

I have 120lbs to loss, i am in need of help hard to not eat alot!

Gmgej
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

So far it is working wonderfully. I have altered it a bit for the start of my journey. I did thins because I am a very addictive eater, and super sensitive to sugar. I am not eating fruit yet but am eating a lot of vegetables. Cutting cheese was probably the hardest part.

Quoting WandaSue:

I have heard of Paleo and was wondering if that worked! Thanks for the advice :)

Quoting Gmgej:

I have over 100 to lose. I am eating paleo, and I really like it. My motivation is really hatingthe way I feel and look. So far I am 11 days into it and 6lbs down. I have done this before so I know what to do. I know the scale goes up and down and even stops at times, and so be it. If it takes 2-3 years for me to reach my goal again so be it, this is a lifetime change to be tweaked and changed as life goes on.

vicky33006
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! I do feel much better, but this last 25lbs is making me crazy! Lol. I've been lazy though..I'm back on track now, and hoping I can get the rest of this off before my family goes on vacation in March (because I know I'll gain a few lbs there! Lol).

Quoting WandaSue:

That is awesome! I bet you feel fantastic!! Good luck with the last 25!

Quoting vicky33006:

I've lost 75 of the 100lbs I wanted to lose, but these last 25 are giving me such a problem. I'm feeling frustrated. I need to keep going though. I know I can do it. I just have to keep trying. Good luck OP. I remember when that number seemed so far away, but it really wasn't that long ago. Now my goal is in site.

DIStickers.com Ticker

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I have right about 100 to lose now.  I've lost 17 (it was 20, but then Christmas happened and I lost my mind, apparently).  I have a goal for 50 lbs this year, just to be realistic.  I'm exercising and my family is becoming Paleo, so hopefully that will help me to kick some of my food issues.

WandaSue
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Dont we all lose our minds? Today was my birthday and we went to the CheeseCake Factory and man was it tough not to eat everything! :) I cheated and got the carrot cake cheesecake...my oldest just ate half of it for me!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I have right about 100 to lose now.  I've lost 17 (it was 20, but then Christmas happened and I lost my mind, apparently).  I have a goal for 50 lbs this year, just to be realistic.  I'm exercising and my family is becoming Paleo, so hopefully that will help me to kick some of my food issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)