Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

anyone else here want to lose 100+? How are you going to do it? What's your motivation? Any tips or tricks that you are going to try?

No drama...I am looking to lose that much myself...

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
Xfitmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I will be losing a total of 105 lbs when all is said and done. As of right now I have lost 68 lbs. I am proud of how far I've come. I've attacked the fat from all angles: Caloric intake, clean eating, cardio, weights...It's working.

WandaSue
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Good job! Keep it up!

Quoting Xfitmom:

I will be losing a total of 105 lbs when all is said and done. As of right now I have lost 68 lbs. I am proud of how far I've come. I've attacked the fat from all angles: Caloric intake, clean eating, cardio, weights...It's working.

sybanshee
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM
I had 100+ to lose but am down 37 so far, so only have about 80 more to go :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chandlerjsmom
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM
My goal is just at 100 I have lost 20 so far. I never really thought of rewarding myself at smaller points, which is probably why I get discouraged.
A few days ago a saw a post by someone that had gone from something like a size 22 to a size 8 her journal was very insperational. Unfortunately I can't remember enough to find it again.
WandaSue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! Keep up your hard work!

Quoting sybanshee:

I had 100+ to lose but am down 37 so far, so only have about 80 more to go :)

WandaSue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Oh wow! Maybe I will find it! Definitely think about rewarding yourself for losing smaller amounts at a time...seems like a good idea to me! Keep up the hard work!

Quoting chandlerjsmom:

My goal is just at 100 I have lost 20 so far. I never really thought of rewarding myself at smaller points, which is probably why I get discouraged.
A few days ago a saw a post by someone that had gone from something like a size 22 to a size 8 her journal was very insperational. Unfortunately I can't remember enough to find it again.

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I need to.  The only way I've ever been able to lose weight is to take a low carb approach.  I did lose some in 2011 but I went sooooo low carb that I burned out and ended up gaining everything back.  I want to do it again but this time take a more moderate approach to it, with more veggies and fiber foods.  I know it will take *forever* but I know if I do it slowly, it will better my chances for the weight to stay off in the future.

I have to admit, it's really intimidating.  I'm scared of losing again only to gain it back.  I think I'm going to concentrate on it in 5 pound increments just so I don't overwhelm myself.

WandaSue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM

That sounds like a great plan! I know I hate doing all the work only to gain it all back... Something has to change :) And its me and the choices I make.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

I need to.  The only way I've ever been able to lose weight is to take a low carb approach.  I did lose some in 2011 but I went sooooo low carb that I burned out and ended up gaining everything back.  I want to do it again but this time take a more moderate approach to it, with more veggies and fiber foods.  I know it will take *forever* but I know if I do it slowly, it will better my chances for the weight to stay off in the future.

I have to admit, it's really intimidating.  I'm scared of losing again only to gain it back.  I think I'm going to concentrate on it in 5 pound increments just so I don't overwhelm myself.

Brooke.bodybyvi
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM

i am doing body by vi. if yall want to learn more let me know:)

WandaSue
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM

:) thanks

Quoting Brooke.bodybyvi:

i am doing body by vi. if yall want to learn more let me know:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN