Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Hi!!! I'm very new to this group :)

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM
  • 16 Replies

Hello, I'm kitta. . . .

I joined this group because, well I have to start some where. I am so ready for a life change, and I could really use all the support I can get.

For me it's going to be a long, and hard journey but, it's time I get healthy. For myself, and for my daughter. She deserves a mom who is not afraid anymore. Who won't let her anxieties and issues be a burden. I have built this huge "safety layer" around myself, and it's killing me.

My long term goal is lose close 70lbs, one little lb at a time :(

I don't know how I am going to do it but, it needs to be done.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SMLemos
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Welcome, and Congratulations on deciding it was the time.  There are a lot of great people in this group.  Have you thought about what kind of exercises you want to do?  In regarding to your nutrition, I suggest starting with baby steps.  It's easier to make 1 or 2 changes at a time and then add on to them.  That way you are not overwhelmed.  I know giving up somethings can take some time and others you never think twice about.  Please feel free to message me if you want to chat or have any questions.  

lili_monkey
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Well, I tend to eat with my emotions, or for celebrating even the smallest things, lol. I'm not a super junk food eater, I actually eat pretty healthy. But, I also tend to not eat meals and then when I do I crave something really bad for me. I also drink soda :/ like at the most two cans a day.

I don't have the extra money to join a gym or anything at the moment. But, after February that should be a problem. This may sound lame and like an excuse but, we are going to Disneylan for our daughters birthday and every little bit of extra money is being saved for that.

Anyway, I have a weighted hula hoop that I was using over the summer, I really want to start with that. Just to get myself going. And walking, as much as possible. Cutting out soda completely. Stopping late night snacking (that's my worst problem!)

I work two jobs, and have a daughter in kindergarten. So, it's hard to find time to take care of myself. I feel so sleepy all the time. It's really hard to get myself motivated when I would much rather catch up on sleep in between jobs :/

Quoting SMLemos:

Welcome, and Congratulations on deciding it was the time.  There are a lot of great people in this group.  Have you thought about what kind of exercises you want to do?  In regarding to your nutrition, I suggest starting with baby steps.  It's easier to make 1 or 2 changes at a time and then add on to them.  That way you are not overwhelmed.  I know giving up somethings can take some time and others you never think twice about.  Please feel free to message me if you want to chat or have any questions.  

Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Welcome!  Have you tried tracking your calories?  It will help you identify problem areas in your diet.  Myfitnesspal.com, sparkpeople.com, and fatsecret.com are all free and very good places to track calories.  Good luck!

fallenstars
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Welcome and glad to see you're wanting a healthier you for your dd. My goal isn't so tough but water water water. Calorie counting might help. Easy on the carbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Welcome!  You have a wonderful attitude:)  Good luck!

reneawesley
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Welcome!

punchnpie
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Hi welcome.. :) You can do this.. :)
mamabearlehman
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Welcome to the group!!!!

lili_monkey
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Thanks ladies! I'm about to get ready for work. I'll be on later to check out the group more :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherylmoore
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Congrats on starting. My best advice. Make a commitment and get someone to help good you accountable. Someone that will call you out on your excuses. You can do this. I agree with previous, water, watch your carbs and calories
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN