Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can't lose these last 2 lbs! Feeling discouraged!

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 5 Replies
I set small goals for myself. So instead of the whole 133 lbs I have to shed, I started with a 20 lb goal. I lost the first 18 lbs like it was nothing. The last 2 lbs won't come off though! Maybe it's due to my menstrual. I might be bloated...I'm just annoyed...and feeling discouraged.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Silvertears1275
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:56 AM
1 mom liked this

How long have these last 2 been hanging on?  If it's just been a couple of weeks, there are a lot of possible reasons.  If you're working out, your body compisition might be changing, but your weight might not.... muscle is denser than fat, but it will help you to burn more fat and the scale will start moving again.  Or you might need to change things up a little.  Look at your calories and make sure you're eating enough.  Try a different workout maybe.  Don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move every week.  You're making progress!  18 lbs is great, so be proud and keep going!

Megan11587
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM
This is a great answer. Keep your head up! You're doing great!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

How long have these last 2 been hanging on?  If it's just been a couple of weeks, there are a lot of possible reasons.  If you're working out, your body compisition might be changing, but your weight might not.... muscle is denser than fat, but it will help you to burn more fat and the scale will start moving again.  Or you might need to change things up a little.  Look at your calories and make sure you're eating enough.  Try a different workout maybe.  Don't get discouraged if the scale doesn't move every week.  You're making progress!  18 lbs is great, so be proud and keep going!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Great advice...totally agree here!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

itsm3
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:56 AM

honestly, if it's only 2lbs, i wouldn't sweat it.  your weight will fluctuate between 2-5lbs each day!  go by inches lost and how your clothes fit.  the scale is an inaccurate thing to begin with.

reneawesley
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Great advice

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)