Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New Year Weight Loss Challenge Day 11: Watch What You Eat!

Welcome to Day 11 of the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!

One way to watch what you eat is by making informed food choices.

Today we are going to focus on nutrition labels. Before you eat anything packaged today, READ the label.

Pay close attention to serving sizes, percentage of calories from fat, total fat, carbs and sodium. Then read the ingredients list to see what else is added.

Do you ever pay attention to the nutritional facts on packaged food?
Do you make food choices based on what the label says?
Were you surprised by some of the label content you read today? If so, what surprised you the most?

happy new year One member who signs up for our New Year Weight Loss Challenge and replies to 15 of the daily posts will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign up for the New Year Weight Loss Challenge!! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Replies (281-284):
SP_Mama
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I've been trying to pay more attention to it.  A lot of things surprise me.

mrsap2008
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM

before today i glanced at the label. never thought much about the label. i usually just fix meals on if they sound good.

ajandfour
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM

If you are on WW you have to look at nutrition info on packages to figure out the points.

mommy2kaelynn
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Do you ever pay attention to the nutritional facts on packaged food? Yes, all the time, as I have to watch out for allergy issues of myself and my family members

Do you make food choices based on what the label says? That depends on what you mean, I am very aware of what is in pre-packaged foods, and yes, what's in a certain item can decide whether or not I will make it for my family.

Were you surprised by some of the label content you read today? If so, what surprised you the most? No, I didn't go shopping today, so everything in my pantry I already know what's in it - having read the label before bringing it home!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)