Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Today is gonna be a struggle

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM
  • 5 Replies
On the 9th my youngest turned 3 and today is my oldests 4th birthday.. today is their birthday party... There's gonna be cake, ice cream, sloppy joes, and chips... I already changed my eating time so that I will be able to eat while everyone else does so I don't get the "why aren't you eating" questions.. but its still gonna be a challenge
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:19 AM

What about having healthy foods?  That's what we do for DS's birthday parties.  We also have chips and such, but the fruits, veggies, hummus, etc are always popular as well.  Most people appreciate having healthy options!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Why not have healthy food? Get some veggies, fruits,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajs16919
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

i always put out a fruit/veggie tray. and maybe so wheat lunchmeat sandwiches.

DissieDothe
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I just leave half my sandwich & some chips on my plate and people think that I'm not finished. When we have birthday cake, we usually cut it so everyone has some decoration. I usually use alphabets on a sheet cake so there are 26+ pieces rather than the 9 servings in a 9x13. Makes the pieces small & sweet. You can also use mini cones for the ice cream.

I usually use banners instead of making a big big cake. Would work better too since there are two birthdays and you do not want 2 birthday cakes.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Hope it was a fun day, since you were choosing the food, next time, include fruits and vegies so you can also snack. Personally, if you like cake and ice cream, no reason why you can't have a small piece. I don't expect you to give this up forever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)