I am 58 and a retired teacher. I am working pretty much full time as a one-one tutor. I am about 50 pounds over weight. I've been looking for a place to keep my goals, record my successes, record my challenges and share with others.
I am participating in WeightMate. On their website I daily record my weight, exercise, and food intake. I plan to keep my journal here.
Since Christmas I have lost 5 pounds. I have 45 more to lose. I plan to lose 20 more pounds by the end of May when my husband is taking me on an Alaska cruise.
I have high cholesterol, high troglycerides, mild diabetes, blood pressure (controlled by meds), and SAD (seasonal depression). I am hoping to control all of these by reducing my weight and exercising regularly.
I'm hoping to improve my mood by
- getting outside in the natural light.
- helping my son with Aspergers to get a job --> transition to his own place
- improve my relationship with my daughter-in-law so that I get more "Oma" time with our granchildren
- understand my desire to drink alcohol
- understand my triggers to overeat unhealthy foods
- reward myself with nonfood /drink when I reach my goals
- keep myself on my own To Do and To Be lists
BE HAPPY Kathie (jakes23mom) happily married to Boyd
We have 5 kids, 3 kids-in-law, 1 grandson and one grandbaby due in May, all live nearby, our Aspie son still lives with us...hoping to transition him to his own place before our cruise.
So I have just replied to all of the 11 challenges on the Healthy Challenge page and have added planks and rowing to my exercise plan. I also want to get a twist disc to work on my waist line.