Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Ladies I need help!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello, my name is Shara and I am 29 yrs old! I just gave birth to my 3rd child in feb of 2012! Before I got pregnant I was doing great lossing weight and had lost almost 30 lbs and was under 200 lbs for the 1st time in like 5 yrs! When I got pregnant I blew up for some reason! My last weight check pre-pregnancy was 191 and I weighed 287 at delivery! Dont ask me how it happened but I left the hospital weighing 281! My son weighed 9lbs 12oz plus the placenta and water so it still confuses me! lol I, now almost 11 months later still weigh 284 lbs! I am having such a hard time with my eatting. Its like I am ALWAYS hungry and if I don't eat I get sick to my stomache! I have 3 kids and I babysit 5 days a week/10 hrs a day so I don;t normally eat very healthy...kinda snacking! I also know how bad this is but I eat in the middle of the night! My son STILL wakes up 2-3x per night and I will snack while he is eating to help keep me awake! lol I am open to ANY suggestions you think may help! Thank you =)

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaKarrot
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM

If you find yourself snacking all day, preprepare healthy snacks so you're grabbing those instead of whatever you get your hands on to curb your hunger.  I have this problem a LOT.  

So when I bring home grapes, I wash, pick, and bag them up into portions in the fridge.  Same with whole pineapple, almonds, hardboiled eggs, etc.  When I'm diligent about it my fridge is full of tiny tupperwares, lol.  When I let myself get too hungry I make bad choices, so I try to keep that from happening.

nlonnon
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:54 PM
My son didn't sleep through the night until he was 2.5, so I understand! I would suggest you track all the snacking you are doing just so you can really get an idea of the number of calories you are taking in. Karen had a great suggestion above as well. My starting weight was 284 and I am down over 70 so you can do this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajs16919
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Every tried myfitnespal.com?? it is an awesome website and tool that has helped me lose 30 pounds so far.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:26 AM
I agree with these ladies. Try and have 3 meals a day that will help with the late niGht snacking. Also try uping your water. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:43 AM

These ladies have some great ideas...track your snacking, pay attention to when you eat, what you eat, and why you eat.  Make sure when you do eat, to eat things with protein and/or fiber so you can stay full longer.  

Shara83
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies...I normally do have 3 meals a day but I am hungry in between! I try to not eat all that often but like I said it makes me sick! Once my stomache starts growling the nausea starts lol I did this before and didnt really have a problem but for some reason it is so hard! When I snack in the middle of the night it makes me so hungry as soon as I open my eyes! I know its unhealthy to eat like that but its like I sleep eat! lol My brother used to make fun of me when he lived here because I would come out and eat a snack and still almost be asleep! I wouldnt even pay attention he was sitting there or anything lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN