Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

wishing to lose wight

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 10 Replies

i'm wainting to drop some pounds. for health reasons. but i dont no where to start.  any tips

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Drink water and add a salad to either lunch or dinner every day. I feel that is a good place to start. 8)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bmom2
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:44 AM

thanks

Clei420
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I counted calories with the MyFitnessPal app. It worked really well then I got pregnant and stopped. I lost about 15 pounds before I got pregnant and I've only put on about 5 pounds and I have 13 weeks to go.

I also started taking a multivitamin and I would keep fruit in the house so when I got a sweet tooth I would eat that. I also started drinking green tea. I would get as much walking in as possible, I wouldn't park as close to the door when I would go shopping at the mall I would walk up the escaltor(sp) and if I had time I would walk an extra lap around the mall just because. I have horrid allergies so walking outside in Ky is hard for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Gmgej
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Water and change processed food to whole foods, eliminate sugar and flour.

evelynolivesmom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I just started exercising a little bit, next thing you know I'm on a program. It was working and I didn't want ot waste any progress and food kinda just fell naturally in line. I'm not that great with food, but I'm learning.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Bump for later.. have a doctor's appt and have to leave in a minute. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

susieQ680
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Cut back on cokes and boxed and fried foods . Try eat Oatmeal and fruits and vegatables. Start u excercise out buy walking for thirty minutes .I ride a bike and do aerobics 4 times a week .And if u eat out try to eat at Subway or someplace healthy . I am thinking about going raw food diet . If u have any questions do not hesitate to ask k U can send me a friend request if u want .

Refurbished
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Weight Watchers is great.  I am able to lose 5 pounds on my own, but any more than that I need something like WW to keep me going. 

nlonnon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

many of us use myfitnesspal...track calories (know your BMR), eat fruits/veggies/lean proteins, start exercising and add water.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Nothing but water to drink. Cut out all sweets. Get my fitness pal to help you with calories intake and exersise. Eat smaller portions and less snacks. And of course lots of exersise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)